Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with HTC Hero conencting to my wi-fi

Options
  • 23-10-2009 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey Boards.ie, recently I had a friend over with a HTC Hero who complained about my WiFi having issues connecting to the phone. Today I got my hands on my own Hero and found that I was having the same problems.

Here is what happens: The Wi-Fi Analyzer App and the Wi Fi settings both show the signal strength as being Good in my room (-70 dBm average according to the app). However, the Wi-Fi symbol on the task bar is always displaying poor (only the circle is white, and arcs are all gray). Even when I'm on top of the modem it displays a poor signal while the app and settings both have it as strong. It will also DC randomly, despite the signal showing as strong and ever present. I rarely am ever to connect to anything, gmail tends to notify me when I get new mails, but the browser and any other app that requires net access seem to be impossible to use.

At first we thought it could be the channels, as all our neighbours are smart telecom customers, but changing the channel only gave a slight increase in detected signal strength, but no change on the phone's connectivity.

My laptop and iTouch are both working fine, as are any of my housemates' devices. It seems to be this phone specifically :/

I'm a Smart telecom customer using a Belkin N Wireless Router.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Can you try your phone on someone else's WIFI? If you experience the same issues, it will eliminate your WIFI setup.

Some phones just don't step upto the mark on WIFI.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Xavier77

Yup, I have done that. My family home uses an Eircom Neotopia wireless modem and I had no trouble with it. I have also been able to connect fine with a few café's free wireless networks.

So far the only time I have seen any issue is with my router, and my friend with the same model of phone had the same issue here too. Could be some setting on the router but I have no idea where to start looking for what to change :s

Advertisement