Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile auto top-up question

• 23-10-2009 3:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

There a number of places mobiles can be topped-up from. Some of these auto top-up the phone by applying the credit directly without the need to receive a code and enter it. Anyone know if the mobile networks have a standard procedure for this that can be hooked in to or can the code be sent to the phone in some way (without a manual entry)?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

If you're with Meteor, when you use the Top-up Direct service you can register a Laser card on the account, and have a Top-up schedule. ie. once a month.
    With this, the Top-up is automatically applied without any need for codes.

Is this what you're getting at?

I can't speak for any other networks

Smartblaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Well yeah but in the generic sense. So if a third party wanted to set-up a service to do this for each network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

Ah, I see!

Well certain banks allow ATM top-up to all networks.
    This would be applied to the mobile phone account straight-away, no codes.

I think the networks probably only allow this kind of code-less top-up from banks.

Banks may offer this service if you got set-up with a Merchant account.
    Is it something you want to do which will be web-based or SMS based?

edit: Payzone have all the info you need, note what they say(Pin Printing Versus Direct Interface to Operator), looks like you're looking for the later

http://www.payzone.ie/pages/partners/payzone-products/licensing/migration-road-map.php

Advertisement