Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Last.fm for Ireland

• 23-10-2009 4:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭

Just downloaded the dashboard update (I'm in the preview) and there's no Last.fm

Apparently It's U.S. and U.K. only, very disappointed as I couldn't give a damn about using twitter or facebook from my xbox.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Shnitszer

Really? I guess it doesn't matter to me anyway since to use last.fm on the PC you have to pay a monthly fee. Really annoying. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Shnitszer wrote: »
    Really? I guess it doesn't matter to me anyway since to use last.fm on the PC you have to pay a monthly fee. Really annoying. :(

No you don't, subscribing is optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Stagger Lee

ShanU is right, subscibing is optional, most of the features of the site are free. I subscribe as I think it is worth it. I've not found a better way to discover new music similar to what I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Shnitszer

Yeah but too hear music recommendations you need to subscribe...as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Shnitszer wrote: »
    Yeah but too hear music recommendations you need to subscribe...as far as I know.

No you don't... Unless they've changed it recently.
    I've been using them since the Audioscrobbler days and they have never struck me as money grabbing opportunists.

Pretty pissed off about this... I live in the UK, but my console is registered to Ireland, and apparently MS won't allow you to change the country of residence of a gamer tag:mad:
    Means that I'm missing out on Indie games as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I am thinking about getting a super elite.

So the moral of the story is to put u.k down for country when getting a gamer tag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So no Last.Fm and you have to pay extra for Sky even though you have a subscription already.

These updates are looking worse and worse as they get closer to release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

It does suck and the only reason I can think of is that MS/Last.fm have to strike a deal with IRMA regarding royalties.

On the last bit of info I read about the preview programme, it only mentioned Tw@ter & FB (I actually noted that they didn't say anything about last.fm)
    Is it definitely not being made available to Ireland, or is it just not included in the phase of the preview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

At the moment it doesnt look like anyone outside the UK or US is getting it. No word on if we will ever get it.

Edit: Confirmed that its due to licensing issues.

http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+on+Xbox+LIVE/forum/137848/_/575548

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Last i read was that the last.fm radio is going (has gone?) the pay-to-listen route for certain countries iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Can you comment on the Zune Marketplace. What are the prices like and any TV shows available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Well that's pretty crap, last.fm was the only thing I was looking forward to in the new update.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Last.fm have stopped people outside of the uk from accessing music for a good while now, not suprised by this tbh :rolleyes::p

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dman001 wrote: »
    Can you comment on the Zune Marketplace. What are the prices like and any TV shows available?

Most of the new movies are 540 points (€6) to rent in HD, and 360 points in SD, however I seen one or two that were 600 in HD and 480 in SD (Gran Torino)

Older movies are 380 points to rent in HD, 250 in SD

There's no TV shows.

Lol, where the feck are they pulling those prices from???
    Should be half that if they ever expect to wean customers off traditional DVD rentals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wooo, they only feature I gave a damn about in this big-mega-update isnt coming to Ireland....YAY MICROSOFT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    YAY MICROSOFT!!!
    It more of a Last.fm rights management problem than a Microsoft problem. It's cheaper to add something someone's already done to your console than to buy them out or build your own from the ground up.

Nothing in this update interests me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I just dont get it.
    Last.fm should be available to people who are premium subscribers. And yet they have the zune market place, yet you cannot buy a zune outside the US.
    Can someone please explain this madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hammer of Thor

This is madness! I'm in the preview thing too but I haven't been near the xbox since I got the email, I don't think I'll be rushing back for it now! As much as I love it Xbox Live is proving to be bad value. From the monthly charge to the overly expensive movies and downloadable games, and now this! No last.fm and limited and pricey Zune.

I'm one step closer to buying a PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 commandz

Meh, just wanted to voice my disapointment too. No community games, now this... I'm about ready to invite Cromwell back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CORaven wrote: »
    . And yet they have the zune market place, yet you cannot buy a zune outside the US.
    Can someone please explain this madness?

I have a Zune for the past two years, there is aload of online stores selling Zunes, far better than any ipod and they actually work for more than 6 months without breaking down. But there are better mp3 players out there for the money, a la an S9.

But overall, couldn't give a flying feck about any part of this update weather we get all of it or not. I just use my 360 for the games, I have an MP3 player, phone, PC and laptop for everything else. Digital TV and social networks sites, I don't rate at all.

Advertisement