Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DSLR-A350X (DSLRA350X) , what do I do, help needed.

• 23-10-2009 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys, I am a member of a web site that gives you points every time I play on it, anyway with these points i got myself this camera, hoping to take an interest in it. I am a total novice with photography and was wondering would anyone be able to reccomend a book or decent website for beginners. Hope to be posting my adventures on this boards if I get the hang of things!
    Never relised these cameras were so state of the art. thanks again.
    The camara is @ 'Sony 350 DSLR-A350X DT18-70Mmm F3.5-55.6/DT55-200mm F4-5.6' hope that makes sense.
    http://www.sony.lv/product/dss-digital-slr/dslr-a350x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

zonic man wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am a member of a web site that gives you points every time I play on it, anyway with these points i got myself this camera, hoping to take an interest in it. I am a total novice with photography and was wondering would anyone be able to reccomend a book or decent website for beginners. Hope to be posting my adventures on this boards if I get the hang of things!
    Never relised these cameras were so state of the art. thanks again.
    The camara is @ 'Sony 350 DSLR-A350X DT18-70Mmm F3.5-55.6/DT55-200mm F4-5.6' hope that makes sense.
    http://www.sony.lv/product/dss-digital-slr/dslr-a350x

Hey thats really good. Lucky you. A very fine camera from what we've seen of it.

Here's the standard answer for beginning, a book called "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. Its an easy read and you can dip in and out. It covers the basics of what you need to learn about photographic theory. It talks about it in easy to understand metaphors.

(I should be on commission for this book - if i had a euro for every....... :D)

Scott Kelby has some digital photography books too which are useful for starting out.

Good luck with your photographic journey - get stuck in around here too. Don't be a stranger. You'll be made welcome and we're always open to questions that you may have.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

No problem with coming here and asking questions. Don't be intimidated as we all had to start sometime and this forum is for all levels.

You can start out using the camera on Auto ... which will allow you to start learning about composition. Then as you learn about exposure you can take more control.

Where are you located? People on here do meet up & that is a good way to learn as well.

Advertisement