Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All in one micro/mini hifi with dvd and dab?

• 23-10-2009 8:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions on this?Clearing out the amps,dvd players, 47 remotes, cables etc and want to go down the route of all-in-one. Don't really need all that speaker power for my small living room but would like some punchy speakers with this system. So would be looking for something with a dvd player, dab (fm transmitter is terrible in apartment), inputs for hooking up external hdd,ipod, ntl....and thats it really! finding it a bit hard to reseach these as its so specific (pixmania etc will throw anything at you) or if you know a site with good search capabilities then let me know. Will call into peats, and even harvey norman etc in the next few days just to get a feel but trying find somewhere around the 300 mark,including speakers

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Whathifi announced the 2009 award winners recently so I'd recommend you have a look here first for ideas:

http://awards.whathifi.com/winners/2009

Richersounds are an online retailer with a presence here on boards. They have the best prices and a look at the feedback from their customers will tell you everything. I don't work for them or anything, I just wouldn't shop anywhere else.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055715447

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

cdb wrote: »
    Whathifi announced the 2009 award winners recently ....

They're not to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    They're not to be taken seriously.
    A bit like yourself so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

cdb wrote: »
    A bit like yourself so :D

and yet I'm not the one actually recommending plastic tat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@slaphead07,

This type of sniping is tiresome. The op wants all-in-one system, if you can't help, park the snide comments towards others. You're entitled to your opinion about What hifi etc, but they provide a useful starting point for someone looking for info and thousands of readers and plenty of manufacturers, from low-end to high end provide them with gear for review, and retail shops (including Cloney and Lyric, AFAIK) who advertise with them wouldn't agree with your assessment.

Please do not post on this thread again, if you want to take the matter up with me please do so by PM or visit the Feedback forum.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

thanks ritz.

been thinking a bit more about this and would like to get some feedback on anyone that has used a micro system as their main home movie system. I know that there is nothing like 5.1, but will a stereo speaker set give a 5.1 system a run for its money, will there a huge noticeable difference?

n.b - i'm not a huge huge movie lover, but more into the music end of thing

cheers

Advertisement