Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baseball World Series at Greystones Theatre 29 Oct

Options
  • 23-10-2009 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

I know this won't appeal to the majority but for those eccentrics and immigrants out there, fans of American sports, or those who are just curious, come out and watch the first game of the 2009 baseball World Series (the finals between the best two teams -- it will be the Philadelphia Phillies v either the New York Yankees or Los Angeles Angels).

The game will be shown on the big screen (3x5 metres) in north Wicklow's newest entertaintment venue, Greystones Theatre, which has casual seating in a club-like setting. If you fancy a beer you can apply for theatre membership and bring your own - and we hope to have pizza slices and snacks available on the night.

This social event and fundraiser is hosted by the Greystones Mariners Baseball Club is open to the public and all are welcome.

Thursday, 29 October, 7pm (doors 6.30)

NOTE: this is a delayed showing of a game played late the night before. Don't check the score online during the day!

For more details:
    http://www.greystonesbaseball.org/worldseries.pdf
    http://www.greystonestheatre.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Phillies in the final eh. Saw them against the Dodgers in '90 at Dodger Stadium. Its finished 15-13 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Phillies in the final eh. Saw them against the Dodgers in '90 at Dodger Stadium. Its finished 15-13 i think.

Nice. That's unusual for both teams to score so many runs. Must have been a terrible day for pitchers on each side - or a great one for the hitters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Nice. That's unusual for both teams to score so many runs. Must have been a terrible day for pitchers on each side - or a great one for the hitters!

Just noticed they were in it last year aswell.

Oooh it went on and on and on. I had a bad throat, i suspect i picked something up on the flight and we left before the end. It was about 1am when we left. Then it took us half hour to find the car!

Im a NHL man myself. Lost interest with Bball.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Indulge me one bump in case any interested people missed it the first time.

Also: pizza slices will now be part of this event, thanks to the support of Pizzas N Cream. That is all.

Advertisement