Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco credit card....

Options
  • 23-10-2009 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Anyone else had problems with Tesco Finance..??
    Long story short.....They messed up a payment back in august by using a wrong digit on the direct debit to the bank...since then they have not taken this or any other payment but instead decided to send me letters informing me that i owe them this amount PLUS late charges AND interest .I've had to ring them several times after each letter arrived and they admitted their mistake and waived the charges..but it still carried on until yesterday when they rang me and almost threatened to cancel the card if i didnt make a manual payment immediately....i made it easy for him and cancelled the card myself...this is the second time this non-payment problem has happened in five years...:mad:
    The most annoying part is that he was able to recover the phone calls conversations and in the end "could only apologise for their mistake".....:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Why didn't you just pay for the card in your post office or something while they are sorting it out?

Its bettter then building up a large bill and fee's/interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

The money was and still is in the bank waiting for them to take it out...i've had two statements since august , so thats two occasions when they should have taken it out.....but the didnt...:confused:
    I see your point but as i said to the rep, why should i take time off work to sort out their mistake..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sids Not wrote: »
    The money was and still is in the bank waiting for them to take it out...i've had two statements since august , so thats two occasions when they should have taken it out.....but the didnt...:confused:
    I see your point but as i said to the rep, why should i take time off work to sort out their mistake..

You can't use on-line bank transfers and you work Monday - Saturday every week without fail?

tbh fair enough they made a mistake but your response is unreasonable and you still have a reasonability to pay your debts

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Personally, I'd make sure that the debt was paid. Ultimately, it's my debt and it's my duty to pay it. By not paying it, you are doing yourself no favours, even if they made the original mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Does any body know the correct bank details for making a manual payment to Tesco credit cards? rang Tesco and they gave me 90 09 73 00000000 does that sound right rang my own bank and they said the tesco account no. was 73678330 same sort code as above.

They did not present DD properly so am trying so sort this out myself. Will be heading back to my Halifax Visa their customer service is a joke you can't even make a payment over the phone.

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

00000000 wouldn't be a valid account number, so don't pay any cash into that :)

Kinda had guessed that. I'll be canceling this card tomorrow. Never have I had the mispleasure of dealing with such inept customer service. A strong letter of complaint shall be heading off as well.

Thanks again for the help Buffybot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Why are people switching to Tesco credit card? They haven't even go the best rate. My card is the AIB Click card. 8.5% :D

(I also bank with AIB, so it's simple to make a payment)

Was using it for the extra club card points. Will be back to halifax from tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I had a Halifax card when they were new but the rate just kept going up every few months.

True rate has gone up a lot but at least they have Irish based customer service.

Yeah true. A year ago I had 3 credit cards :eek:

Glad I got it under control and cancelled 2 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 medic143

My first month with Tesco (joined for rewards points) went to pay the bill with the slip to discover the wrong sort code was on the slip. Went home, rang them, got the right details and paid it. Set up a direct debit mandate to prevent this happening again

Second month direct debit mandate did not go through as "Tesco did not present any authority to us to allow us to release funds to them" - Halifax. Went to pay it with the slip to discover the sort code on the slip is wrong AGAIN.

Don't think the service is worth the reward points and will probably revert to my original supplier when the current mess is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Hi,

i have a Tesco credit card over a year now. i'll admit their customer service is sometimes off, but its a good reward card especially now with clubcard deals. i found the best way to make payments is

1. online at billpay.ie with your laser card - easy no probs or fees
    2. by presenting credit card and cash in a post office - easy no prob/fees
    3. aib internet banking - takes couple days more to come off, no fees(depends on account)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

alexmcred wrote: »
    Does any body know the correct bank details for making a manual payment to Tesco credit cards? rang Tesco and they gave me 90 09 73 00000000 does that sound right rang my own bank and they said the tesco account no. was 73678330 same sort code as above.

They did not present DD properly so am trying so sort this out myself. Will be heading back to my Halifax Visa their customer service is a joke you can't even make a payment over the phone.

Thanks for any help.

The bank is correct the sort code/account is 900973 73678330

I seem to recall that this is not the sort code/account that appears on the giro on the bottom of your statement for some reason

Please also note that the tesco helpline number is often not working (1800 555743) if so, dial 1800 555742 instead and you get to speak to a human being immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Wheety wrote: »
    Why are people switching to Tesco credit card? They haven't even go the best rate. My card is the AIB Click card. 8.5% :D

(I also bank with AIB, so it's simple to make a payment)

For the rewards! If you pay off your card each month (which I understand most people do) then who cares about the rate?

Advertisement