Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scholarship to study french in France

Options
  • 23-10-2009 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi I am in fifth year and really want to spend a couple of weeks in France in june but it is sooooo expensive are there any scholarship I could apply for :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

maybe
    http://www.irlfunds.org/france/

they used to have a bourse for such purposes anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

I went on an exchange to Toulouse a few years ago. I stayed with a French family for two weeks, hanging around with a guy my age. Then he spend a to weeks with me learning English.

In my case the only major cost was the plane ticket (and even at that the internet threw up a few decent direct flights). The only other cost was the odd day trip in Ireland to keep my exchange partner entertained when he was here (this is of course an optional expense), and the slightly elevated grocery bill for my parents.

Even at that I'd say it was worth every penny. If you are lucky you could find a French family looking for something similar, so it will be mutually beneficial to keep costs down. You could ask your teacher if they could point you in the right direction; that's how I got in touch with the family I stayed with. My French improved a huge amount, and it was a great experience seeing "real" France, and not just the tourist side of the country.

Advertisement