Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frosting for Cakes

Options
  • 23-10-2009 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

I'm making my DD a birthday cake in the shape of a castle this year. Can someone recommend a good frosting recipe so some other alternative to frosting. I really need something that will be easy to put on (with all the nooks & crannys) but that will set slightly as I want to icing windoes/doors and writing over it.

Thanks.:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

It depends on the shape. If you're making a castle shape from cake cut up to form the castle, you vould use the ready-to-roll icing or royal icing from the supermarket, also for a cake like this. But for a cake like this, rolled icing is too tricky. Royal icing, or a chocolate ganache glaze would both work. In any event, for your finishing work, royal icing is the best to use.

Advertisement