Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

project help - presentation

• 23-10-2009 10:28am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

for a project i'm gonna need to have elements of text with the image. basically its the ol danbo stuff, though film might be the route i take.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melekalikimaka/sets/72157620263910937/

as you see in the images, there is a title above, and quote below. i'm looking for maybe some examples of how to pull this off print wise, the images are all gonna be mounted and hung, and personally i think text printed on the page with the images looks tack.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

what about a wider than usual white mat with the text written below the picture on the mat ? So long as your handwriting is sufficiently ... interesting ... this could look good. A sort of thin spidery hand in black ink I think would suit the pictures.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

what about a wider than usual white mat with the text written below the picture on the mat ? So long as your handwriting is sufficiently ... interesting ... this could look good. A sort of thin spidery hand in black ink I think would suit the pictures.

i was thinking this... the old caligraphy from 3rd year art might come in handy hehe.

i was also toying with the idea of post its or even note pad paperloosely stuck on, maybe some thing along those lines... but dont want it to end up looking like a blue peter project

i was thinking this... the old caligraphy from 3rd year art might come in handy hehe.

i was also toying with the idea of post its or even note pad paperloosely stuck on, maybe some thing along those lines... but dont want it to end up looking like a blue peter project

yeah that might end up looking a bit cack all right. How about incorporating the text into the picture somehow ? Like the above, written on a post it or rough notepad paper, but actually placed in the scene in a position where it can be read ? Bunch of different ways you could do it, place it along the bottom of the shot, stick it on a wire and suspend it just above the subject, have it being carried ... stuck to the props ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

what about the text printed on the mount

i can put some mount boards through my printers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

stcstc wrote: »

sounds interesting, so could you in theory, create a patterned mountboard?

• Advertisement

Waiting for Love

3658772052_a4078fcd4e.jpg

"It is at the edge of a petal that love awaits"

something along these lines

@daire - sounds interesting, if i do end up reshooting all images i may do that, but for now i'd like a solution where i can encorperate my current images also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Just wanted to say that your images are fantastic.

i could try it, not all boards will work, and need to leave a decent space etc

but you could come round and we can try it if u like

i could try it, not all boards will work, and need to leave a decent space etc

but you could come round and we can try it if u like

once i get home i'll pm you bout it, could be interesting. what sort of board would ya be using if ya did?

well in theory it needs to be a reasonably smooth mountboard, pale colours obviously

i havent done it myself, i just know people that have, so a little experimentation could be involved!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Some of those are lovely man.

As already mentioned, you could creatively incorporated the text into the actually image itself. Maybe some thing opaque and whispy in a colour that suits the image, carefully placed and angled to give the impression of being on a surface within the picture.

Oddly enough, for the best use of typography in a film, almost ever, check out Zombieland.

ok i just tried printing on a bit of scrap board, it works, only printed black text etc so need to test more with images etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Exactly what I was going to say, presentation is everything and there is no point in having good pictures that are brought down by the lack of presentation. I would definitely definitely print the text on the mount without a doubt.

will more than likely go with the mountboard printing.

for fonts anyone got any advice. thinking a toyish top title sorta with a more mature font to reflect the deeper context for the bottom... looking at dafont.com... its not easy to find somethink tactful...

for fonts anyone got any advice. thinking a toyish top title sorta with a more mature font to reflect the deeper context for the bottom... looking at dafont.com... its not easy to find somethink tactful...

comic sans !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

the same font as used on danbo? I do think the font is very important also, http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Ding_Dong_Daddy_O.htm this stood out to me straight away.

one thing to be aware of is not using very fine fonts, printing on the mountboard, which is not as smooth as normal paper you could get fine fonts losing some of their detail

Advertisement