Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens books

Options
  • 23-10-2009 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anybody out there know of a book that contains some old classics like, hansel and gretel, little red riding hood, rapunzel, three little pigs etc etc. I know I could most likely buy these books separately but It would be great to get these stories in one book:)

Thanks
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

If you look in the 'classics' section there are usually collections of H. C. Andersen's stories and Brothers Grimm. They would be 'penguin classics' sort of books, I mean softback, no pictures, but perfectly good to read from :)
    However they are usually the original stories, slightly different ones from the 'picture books'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

ebmma wrote: »
    If you look in the 'classics' section there are usually collections of H. C. Andersen's stories and Brothers Grimm. They would be 'penguin classics' sort of books, I mean softback, no pictures, but perfectly good to read from :)
    However they are usually the original stories, slightly different ones from the 'picture books'

Thank you, will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The junior section of most public libraries would have books like this. You could go there for a look and take note of anything relevant for later purchase.

Advertisement