Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to Dublin Port

• 23-10-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭

I'm just looking for people's opinions on which route to take to get to Dublin Port this evening bearing in mind it's a bank holiday weekend. The coast road N11 or via Carlow N9? Need to be there no later than 9pm, hopefully earlier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

I'd go carlow way and when you reach Dublin go up the M50 and take the tunnel - dont forget to pay the eflow toll, think the tunnel is €6 - or else go through dublin - traffic wont be too bad

If you need to be there for 9pm i'd leave around 5pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 deise red

I regularly commute to Dublin i would go the carlow way as more motorway and avoids new ross always a bottleneck at weekends. is best to go through the tunnel :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Don't bother with the tunnel, straight up to the Red cow, and down the quays, there will be no one around ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

We're just back. On Friday we left at 5.20pm went over the new bridge, went via Carlow and were at Dublin Port just before 8pm. No bottlenecks or delays anywhere. Thanks for all the advice.

Advertisement