Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dressmaking via distance learning??

Options
  • 23-10-2009 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Is it possible??!! I've been looking into courses and I'm torn between Kilroy's college which offer a diploma in dressmaking via distance learning or the Grafton Academy which offer an evening once a week course. The Kilroys course is longer and more expensive but you have a diploma at the end of it. BUt, how exactly would it work, assignment wise? I think I would need hands on tutorials you know, someone actually showing me something rather than just reading it. The Grafton Academy doesn't cover as much but it's a classroom situation and it may make sense to start out with them if I want to go into their Fashion Design diploma programme.... help!!! Anyone have any experience with either colleges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Grafton academy has an excellent reputation. Kilroy's IMO isn't much better than a diploma mill.

How can you possibly learn something as hands on as dressmaking without having someone there teaching you? It would take forever. I'd definitely go for Grafton academy if I were you!

Advertisement