Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand WHV - Any point cancelling it?

Options
  • 23-10-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Going to New Zealand in a few weeks and had hoped to work for a few months. I applied and was accepted for the WHV visa but due to circumstances have had to shorten the stay to a holiday of 3 or 4 weeks.

I had been under the impression that one could cancel their whv visa and re-apply for one at a later stage and just use a tourist visa in the meantime but I fear I got my information mixed up with the Oz Visa. On the NZ immigration site it says in a q&A:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/general/generalinformation/qanda/whsonline.htm
    Q.If I was previously approved a work visa or permit under a working holiday scheme, can I apply for a working holiday again?

A. No. If you were previously approved a work visa or permit under a working holiday scheme, you are not able to apply for another working holiday again. It does not matter if you used your previous work visa or not.

I guess coming from that source its pretty set in stone. So am I right in thinking that there's no advantage in cancelling whv and switching to a holiday visa? At least if I activate it I'd have the option for a year (it expires in jan anyway)? Anyone had a similar situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I think your best bet is to ring NZ immigration. They're pretty helpful about this kind of thing. Hopefully you can get a good outcome.

Advertisement