If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NP1100

Options
  • 23-10-2009 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I got an NP1100 last week and when i plugged it in first time it worked fine. However when i went back a couple of days later it was saying that i could not find the server. The sharing on the WMP is set ok and on the player itself it is connected to the network. anybody any ideas about what the problem is

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hi Dod,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with this.

Just before Ash wonders did he sell this to you, nope I did. Only used it the once to test it all worked which it did.

Lots of questions to try and isolate the issue. Other more experienced users or Phillips heads will know more.

When you say it worked at first:

Was it connected via ethernet or through your wireless network or did it work both ways?
    Did your songs in WMP display and play?
    Did internet radio stations play?

When you say it now isn't working:
    Is it connected the same way as before and if so which way?

Has anything changed in WMP since, just in case?
    Has anything changed on your wireless router since, just in case?

Did you do a reset on the unit or just edit some settings? If the latter perhaps do a reset and try again.

Cheers,
    MAJJ

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dod78

I connected it through the wireless network last friday and i checked that it all work ok.. Both the radio and wmp player worked.. The radio is still working.. I'm not aware that i changed anything on either the player or the router.. I didn't see a reset button on it..If there is one i'll try that

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

If you can get radio then it's connecting fine to your wireless router, prob a issue with WMP. Try deleting the np100 from media sharing in WMP then adding it back in again, might fix it.

I've got a couple of np1100s. I used to use WMP for sharing my music but it's a pain in the arse.Try TVersity, it's free and woks much better then WMP.

Cheers basskebab, figured that ruled out most things and WMP sharing must be the issue. That's assuming no other changes.

Hope you get sorted Dod.

MAJJ

Hi Dod, did you manage to resolve this? Hope so?

I agree with basskebab - WMP sharing is inconsistent to say the least as I have a wireless picture frame that throws up issues from time to time!!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.