Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling and Doorframes

Options
  • 23-10-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am tiling my new house - hall, kitchen, bathrooms - and have heard that it is best to fit door frames before tiling. Has anyone any experience of this??
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

First catch your tiler then ask him whats the best for him ;)

But take into account you could be told any "crap" in this econimic climate so someone can get in to do a job and be paid. I'd always expect the tiling to be one of the last jobs done so yes door frames in along with bath etc

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Best to fit the door frame first , find the thickness of the tile for the floor and adjusted it to that height . For the walls in the toilet {thats if your tileing the walls} Find the thickness of the wall tile plus grout and fit the door frame to that thickness so when it comes to fitting the architave you are showing the full thickness of timber , when acrhitarve is painted or varnished run a bead of siclion around the point where the architrave mets the tile that gives you a good clean finish . Make sure the door frame is the right thickness for the wall and that it is plum , level and square so that when fitting the door that there will be no wedgeing required for fitting of the door .

Advertisement