Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS fix N97!

• 23-10-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭

Right, so I can only ever get a GPS lock (a weak one at that) with my N97 whenever it feels like it (i.e. rarely). I tested it again outside today and after 5 minutes it still did not have a lock. Contacted Nokia who advised me to take it to a carepoint in Dublin.

Question is, how long would I be waiting for this to be fixed? I can't really be without my phone. I heard you can get it fixed while you wait?

And who would be best to go to for the repair? Nokia mentioned Fonemenders, Carphone warehouse, Sigma Fonefix? Who has the best reputation?

I bought the device from Clove.co.uk this month. I could send it back to them but that could take even longer..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If they have to replace the receiver it will take awhile but if you go into them and ask, or ring them up it will give you an idea. Prob talking 3 or 4 days turnaround.

Each of the companies has had pos and negative feedback here, so its hard to say exactly which is the best.

Advertisement