Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal VEC grants are in

• 23-10-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Just up on notice board now in college.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Argh could have got it today, hurried off for the bus though :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Are ya sure??:eek:
    Arrrgghhh won't be able to check me bank until tuesday arrgghh!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Can someone answer a question for me so it says donegal vec grants are in but what does that mean I hve received nothing from the VEC to say if im getting it or not what am i supposed to do? do you need to get some kind of letter signed or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Yeah mines definitely isnt in either, havent even recieved the letter to say im getting one, a lot of people havent either, doubt they wont be paid in untill everyone gets word of it.

i need it so badly im in debt from childcare and will have to drop out in november if i dont get it. Im first year so dont know how the grant thing works Is it just automatically paid into your account or is it available in college? and must you receive a letter from VEC first? Im raging its taking so long I had everything submitted in early July just after i received my place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

loca1 wrote: »
    i need it so badly im in debt from childcare and will have to drop out in november if i dont get it. Im first year so dont know how the grant thing works Is it just automatically paid into your account or is it available in college? and must you receive a letter from VEC first? Im raging its taking so long I had everything submitted in early July just after i received my place

The way it works for me is after you send all your forms away,you wait.Then you should get a letter saying you are either approved for the grant or not.Last year when I got the letter I got paid straight away,into my bank account.The IT itself has nothing to do with it,only to stamp the forms and take note of your attendance,as if you miss over 25% of class(without a docs note) you dont get the grant.

Is annoying because I know I will be getting the grant but I still have to wait weeks for approval.Not the VECs fault I know.

Still waiting:(

thanks for that its a bit clearer now the whole process lets hope its not much longer

It depends if you're on a level 7 or level 8 course. I'm on a level 8 and need to pick up a cheque from the college every 3 months, rather than having it paid in automatically.

Ah right,never knew that.

Iam just a little level 7 myself:p

It's annoying extra hassle, but it is nice seeing a big lump sum every so often :D

• Advertisement

I don't think they are in. The Mother was saying she heard Breeda(student union president) on the radio giving out stink about it......
    I have bills that need paying and debts to repay!! It's a bloody disgrace. Feicing red tape.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

The first installment cheques for the grant are definitely in the college ready to be collected. They will only be there for those that have received letters to say they have gotten the grant so that will mainly be 2,3 and 4th year students of level 8courses. Admin staff will be in from tuesday.

Think I'll be taking a trip to Letterkenny on tuesday then. Fingers crossed!

Balls :( I'm a level 7 yr 1 :(

Got my letter have been awarded only reason I got it processed was my forms were in with the vec since early July they still havnt sent out all the people who applied in July let alone the August ones I did go in again to them yesterday and they were more than nice when I explained I couldnt go back next week without confirmation. Now the wait is on for the actual money god knows how long this will take I get my grant monthly too level 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Out of curiosity, did any first years get paid, yet?

Noreen

If they already got a letter from the VEC and handed it into college or something to that effect then they should have got their money

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

If you filled in the FA1 form the grant will be in, if you haven't gotten an FA1 form yet then they haven't processed your application yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Buttercup18

third year got my grant last week thank god!!:cool::cool:

I had the form stamped by the college and sent back to them 2 weeks ago, and the grant still isn't in. I'm guessing it's just sitting in their office waiting to be sent, which will be the end of the month I've heard. :mad:

• Advertisement

I asked today and if your letter was in to them before 17th oct you should have received your money. But i only got my letter last week so have to wait another month :(

loca1 wrote: »
    I asked today and if your letter was in to them before 17th oct you should have received your money. But i only got my letter last week so have to wait another month :(

I think I posted mine on the 15th, probably wasn't in until 17th or so. Typical.

I mean the letter for the college to say you have been awarded it. I left my course acceptance form back to Vec when I started hope im not missing some other form now somewhere. I didnt give the college the letter from Vec until last week as long as you left that in you should get yours. Did you go and ask? Or is yours paid into your bank?

I got a form that had to be stamped by the college and sent back to the vec, in the same envelope as one that I needed to sign, which told me how much I'd been awarded. I had them both in the post back to the vec by the 15th-ish.

I asked today and there is no sign of it. Going to ring tomorrow.

A friend of mine who left his forms into the VEC at the end of August start of September, (like I did also...had everything in by the 30th August except the college acceptance that went in on the 2nd september), has just returned from speaking to them.

They have told him anyone who had left in forms around that time won't probably get their payments until the end of december....

But I think the payment for December is round the 24th or something like that....so seeing as the payments only come out on the specific days...
    I'd say it could be the end of Jan!!!:eek:

I really can only afford to be in college until the end of this month. I've a huge credit card bill I'm paying off (feicing flight home from NZ:mad:) and LITERALLY no money for next months payment. Let alone bus fares and food! I can't find any part time work where I live.
    If anyone knows anything about possible student loans??? Please PM me.
    It's my last hope otherwise I'm just gonna have to drop out :(

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    If anyone knows anything about possible student loans??? Please PM me.
    It's my last hope otherwise I'm just gonna have to drop out :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055329197

Have a read over that thread, the ones to go for would be the Millenium Partnership fund (I got 600ish from them in my first term), and the Student Assistance Fund from the college if you're really stuck.

I already asked in the Access Office and they said that if there was a possibility that I would be getting a grant then basically I wouldn't get the student assistance fund. So that is that door closed.
    My friend told me the Millenium Fund closed...about a week or so ago?

-Taken from MPF website-
    Qualify for or be in receipt of a maintenance grant for further or higher education .

I'm sure I will qualify for some form of grant but I have no word and probably won't get word until near end of december or god knows.
    I'll have to check a bank for a small loan I'd say. Can't think of any more options.

I got meself and overdraft with my Ulster Bank Student account.Dont have to pay any interest on it and as long as I am in college I dont have to pay it back.

I also cant go over the limit which is handy.Done me well last year so it did.

I got meself and overdraft with my Ulster Bank Student account.Dont have to pay any interest on it and as long as I am in college I dont have to pay it back.

I also cant go over the limit which is handy.Done me well last year so it did.

Ok you PM me with some more details!!! Please!

I know nothing about overdrafts and what not. No point speaking to bank ones they just screw ya over!

• Advertisement
Advertisement