Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Returns

Options
  • 23-10-2009 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with returning faulty goods to LIDL, they advertised a 3 year warranty when selling the product, do you return it to the shop ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

Yes I'd imagine so. If it's a faulty product it's their responsibility to take it back from you instore. Don't let them fob you off either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Ya i just want to try and have the facts so i know they cant fob me off

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Lidl are most likely the best major store chain in Ireland for returns; bring it to the shop and you should have no problem. They will usually offer refunds if you want it and usually don't ask for receipt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lidl (and indeed Aldi) don't tend to fob people off. Go in, explain what is wrong with the product and let the manager deal with it. From personal experience, they have always been excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

alibabba wrote: »
    Ya i just want to try and have the facts so i know they cant fob me off

LIDL are very good, last time i return something, i had lost the receipt and they seem almost puzzled that i thought this would be a problem..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Update : went in last Thursday, the manager was in one of the isle, i went up to him, told him i had something for return, he said just bring it to checkout. I brought the chainsaw to check out, and she just took it off me and handed me back my money, no questions asked. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for letting us know how you got on

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

lidl and aldi are definatly the best when it comes to returning items

Advertisement