If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any projector deals?

Options
  • 23-10-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Hi John

Can you give details of any projector prices? I would be interested in any bundles (pj, screen, ceiling mount) you may have also.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

I think an LCD projector would be better than DLP as I have a fairly short throw (c. 13 feet).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

I'm using a DLP projector from the same distance and get a 92" image with no problems and could actually go bigger but from my viewing position I find that size is perfect and would not go any bigger.

What's your budget for the projector?

Thanks Moolers, 92" sounds good, what PJ do you have?

I haven't settled on a budget yet - but I want a decent 1080p projector.

Hi Kuro man,
    I bought an Optoma HD70 a few years ago in New York for a bargain price.
    It's nothing major but very good none the less. It needs a HD signal to really impress though, PS3 is brilliant as is bluray and SKY HD.

I won't be replacing it anytime soon. If I had a dedicated room I would sell one of my stones for one of the JVC D-ILA projectors.

yeah, who would have thought that JVC would be one of the best; I never rated any of their other gearmuch but the PJ's look great.

• Advertisement

Yeah, who would have thunk it. :)
    First JVC product I ever lusted after.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kuro_man wrote: »
    Hi John

Can you give details of any projector prices? I would be interested in any bundles (pj, screen, ceiling mount) you may have also.

thanks.

Kuro,

apologies for thde lay in getting back to you.

Ok we are not great on Projectors at the moment but I do have the Optoma HD 20 at £899.95 or the Infocus IN80 at £1299.95.

If you 'haven't settled on a budget yet' :D:D I have the thing to sort you out http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/jvc/dla-hd350/jvc-dla-hd350-b just £2499.95 - can I get one in for you for the weekend???

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John.

The JVC is very tempting, but I think it's a bit rich for my blood and I won't have a dedicated dark room to justify the expense.

I had previously ruled out DLP but I'll do some more measuring and think about the infocus and the optoma and try to sell the idea to the wife, if possible.

Is delivery included in the price?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kuro_man wrote: »
    Thanks John.

The JVC is very tempting, but I think it's a bit rich for my blood and I won't have a dedicated dark room to justify the expense.

I had previously ruled out DLP but I'll do some more measuring and think about the infocus and the optoma and try to sell the idea to the wife, if possible.

Is delivery included in the price?

If you buy the popcorn...

;)

J

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Hey John, can you pm me a price for the HD20 + BDP3000? Cheers

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.