Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramedic Training

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kaz_xxxx

its for the in-training student paramedic course for Sept...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 medi3

kaz_xxxx wrote: »
    its for the in-training student paramedic course for Sept...
    is it for the paramedic course in the north of ireland you are speaking about ?

Yes it was the one for Northern Ireland..was there 1 running for the republic of ireland 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

kaz_xxxx wrote: »
    Yes it was the one for Northern Ireland..was there 1 running for the republic of ireland 2?

Not yet, there is a panel currently formed but another recruitment drive is to begin shortly. There was no aptitude test for the Republic recruitment drive this week, so you shouldn't really have been asked the question in the first place! ;)

this thread is becoming quite confusing I think as it has become an "all-sorts" thread for HSE, NHS, NIAS and other training questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mad1c

Even when training is completed are there any assurances re employment? I've heard some of the privates are hiring but for how long?

• Advertisement

Im not sure. Im not too bothered as I always have my Nursing to fall back on, and will be able to keep my registration.

Did you apply for Northern Ireland?

thanks Kaz, applied for NI but it felt like a long drive just for the scenery, not holding out much hope, ur lucky you have nursing behind you, wonder if the privates are even taking emt's, heard one in Castlebar might be taking both but had no luck yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Does anybody know when we are likely to hear back from the NIAS?:confused:

Does anybody know when we are likely to hear back from the NIAS?:confused:

we were told during our ability test day that we should be hearing some news by the end of June or at the latist first week in July, so not that long to go now. hope that helps, i know it is horrible waiting for the post to come every day. best of luck with your application

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

got the post on monday i wasnt shortlisted for the apptitude test.

• Advertisement

You didnt pass it or you didnt do it?

got the post on monday i wasnt shortlisted for the apptitude test.

Sorry to ear that, hope you have better luck the next time a campaign comes up.There is gossip flying round that the HSE might be recruiting before the end of the year, or alot of my frineds have gone to England to train and it seems to be a good carreer move so far.
    Best of luck anyway.
    A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

didnt get to do it.

and thanks hopefully so, im still young so ive plently of time left to try make it next time. id consider a move to england but the cost of living while studying would rule it out for me id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 thewander

I'm a long time reader and first time poster. I'm referring to the ongoing NIAS recruitment drive here.

Has anyone else heard from the NIAS since the aptitude test? I have passed and have been called for interview but I would have no idea what structure it may take or what i might be asked.

I'm currently basing my research on the personnel specification in the Information Pack, and focusing on the skills etc that they say will be judged at interview, but if anyone knows what to expect, has gone through the process before or is coming up for interview in this drive I would love to hear from you.

Nope havent heard anything back yet what date did you do your test?

It was the 28th May when I done the test

well done on getting an interview and best of luck with it, hopefully the rest of us might hear something soon, be it good or bad news...

thewander wrote: »

Going by that date then If I have passed it should come in a week.
    How did you find the ap test? Did you get it all finished?

thewander wrote: »

What date were you given to go for your interview????
    well done on passing the ablity test, i did mine on the 1st of June but havnt heard anything yet. as far as the interview goes if it is anything like the one for the HSE it would be good for you to do as much research as you can on the NIAS itself questions like how many ambulance stations they have, the diff type of work they do ect. which you can get on the NIAS website. have your career path that you want clear aswell, and where you want to be withhin 2, 5 and 10 years.
    I also think sombody was asked what they would do if they attended a scene and their Mother was in cardiac arrest.
    Hope you go all the way with it. and keep us posted.

Interview is next week. I have been focusing on the Criteria in the personnel specification, and what it says will be judged at interview, but I'll now also have a look at the NIAS.

Thanks for the advice!

• Advertisement

pathway wrote: »
    Ive heard nothing back as yet, will keep you posted.:)

heard back from the NIAS today. got a letter that said i had passed the appitude test but didnt get a high enough score to go straight to interview at this stage, so they will keep me on a waiting list for the next year and will get callled if they have any places come up in the next 12 months. better then nothing i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 fire emt

I got the same letter, at least were not forgotten. I had a tough time on the second part of the Apt. test so I'm happy with that.:)

fire emt wrote: »
    I got the same letter, at least were not forgotten. I had a tough time on the second part of the Apt. test so I'm happy with that.:)

yeah me to, wonder how many people are on that list. Think you get put in priority groups.
    well done for passing it anyway. ;)

Glad everyone heard back, its awful when you don't get any news through and are waiting for ages on it.

I'll keep you posted on any information re recruitment processes etc I get at the interview next week.

Got the same letter "while you successfully passed" blah blah blah. Well done to anyone who got to the next stage. Wonder what the pass mark was and the pass mark for through to the next stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

Same letter for me too. To be honest I am shocked, as I thought the tests were very very difficult given the allocated time... Good luck to all those still waiting.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Same letter here too.

Same letter here too, wonder how many actually got letters or what chance we have of getting in.. It'd be nice to have an idea of where you place on the list, until that happens I'm just thankful the door's ajar if not open. Best of luck to all with interviews, with a little luck we might join ye some day...

mad1c wrote: »
    Same letter here too, wonder how many actually got letters or what chance we have of getting in.. It'd be nice to have an idea of where you place on the list, until that happens I'm just thankful the door's ajar if not open. Best of luck to all with interviews, with a little luck we might join ye some day...

i think if you ring them, that number on the bottom of the page they only thing they will tell you is what priority group you are in, which might give you some idea, example, prioty group one is everyone who got a certain mark and so so and the next prioty group is everyone who got the next highist mark. ect..
    , Well done on passing the appt anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Yeah if you ring HR they will tell you what priority group you're in (you don't have an individual number on the list due to people with equal marks). So it's hard to tell whether it's good or bad, because you don't know how many people are in each group.

Advertisement