Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramedic Training

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 thewander

Yes I went for mine a while back. Have you been given any indication of start dates or anything like that? I mean I know when they are running the courses, but have you any word of which one you might be on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 snowlegend

hey thanks for getting back to me

What's invloved int he medical I haven't a clue!!! are you told pass or fail on the day?

Have everything sent off for my access ni checks but know they take a while

No dates yet am assuming new year at this stage, what dates you got?

K
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Can anyone that has had their medical tell me if we have a male or female examiner for the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lushguy57

I, like 1000s others it seems, am on the waiting list, band 20.

Anyone heard anything with regards letters etc asking people for interviews.

Anyone know anything about roughly how many people are in each band?

I assume I havn't much of a chance, however not giving up just yet.

Anyone still waiting for their medical appointment?????????????

• Advertisement

Have you been speaking to the HR department in NIAS? I got my medical date very soon after I got the word through that I had passed my interview.
    They seem to be painfully slow at organising stuff and moving the thing on. I've now passed everything, just waiting on a start date. But there doesnt seem to be too much information forthcoming from them

Thanks for your reply

Maybe I should give them a call

I got the letter saying I had passed interview etc just subject to medical and police checks, so sent everything off for police checks and haven't heard anything since....

No medical appointment and nothing about the check

So slow............will give them a ring

K

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Still waiting too :confused:

Hi

I phoned HR this afternoon, they as we know have staggered starting dates, so they are trying to sort everyone in order of when they are starting

The next course to start is December, so I suspect I'm not in that!

The lady is going to check for me and get back and let me know what is happening!

So hopefully know a little bit more on Monday :)

snowlegend wrote: »
    Hi

I phoned HR this afternoon, they as we know have staggered starting dates, so they are trying to sort everyone in order of when they are starting

The next course to start is December, so I suspect I'm not in that!

The lady is going to check for me and get back and let me know what is happening!

So hopefully know a little bit more on Monday :)

Great at least you got a bit of information. Its rotten not knowing what is going on. I'm going to leave it until early next week before ringing as I'm holding out hope that I'll get a December start due to the fact that I;ve passed everything. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Good luck, I hope your right :)

New Year would suit me better, so I hope i'm in the next lot

Well my letter arrived yesterday, starting on the 3rd December :)! Got lots of forms to fill in, but no actual detail on the course.
    Can't wait, I'll be a Trainee Paramedic in a few weeks!
    Best of luck to everyone still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 8 the_donkey

Hi all,

Does anyone know when they will be opening recruitment again or is everyone going in from December onwards part of a panel that's been around for the last while? The public recruitment embargo hasn't affected the NAS I take it??

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

the_donkey wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know when they will be opening recruitment again or is everyone going in from December onwards part of a panel that's been around for the last while? The public recruitment embargo hasn't affected the NAS I take it??

Cheers!

This thread is generally about NIAS recruitment, for info on 2010 NAS recruitment try the thread with that title in the recruitment sub-forum.

thewander wrote: »
    Well my letter arrived yesterday, starting on the 3rd December :)! Got lots of forms to fill in, but no actual detail on the course.
    Can't wait, I'll be a Trainee Paramedic in a few weeks!
    Best of luck to everyone still waiting

Well done you :)

That's brilliant news, hope all goes well for ya

xx

Finally got an appointment for my medical so fingers crossed things are moving again :)

Advertisement