Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to Greystones

Options
  • 23-10-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm considering moving to Greystones, looking for a place to rent at the moment. I wonder what particular areas should I avoid in Greystones? Which area will be best?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

lo0kash wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm considering moving to Greystones, looking for a place to rent at the moment. I wonder what particular areas should I avoid in Greystones? Which area will be best?

Thanks,

I dont think there are any places to avoid in Greystones.

Difficult to answer your question with respect to location without further details.eg do you have kids, is it an apartment or house you are looking for, do you need to get to the Dart etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lo0kash

Sorry for being so enigmatic:)

I have a family - wife and two small kids. Currently I don't really need the DART, I go to work by car. The place I'm looking at is a house in Redford.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

I've lived in Redford all my life, its nice, quiet, has a big green, theres a primary school five minutes away and is still reasonably close to Church Rd.

You pretty much can't go wrong in Greystones anyway so the points are moot.

Thanks for that,

And how about the traffic - is it very heavy? I mean going to Dublin between 7:30 and 8 am and going back between 4:30 and 5 pm. Would half an hour be enough each way?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

And how about the traffic - is it very heavy? I mean going to Dublin between 7:30 and 8 am and going back between 4:30 and 5 pm. Would half an hour be enough each way?

I wouldn't do that! It's hell. If I drive in then I always leave by 6:30am latest as the bus lanes - or some of them - on the N7 allow cars before 7am so it's a quite quick commute. I can get from Greystones to Merrion Sq. in 35 mins. At 7:30-8am that would be an hour easily.

Same coming home. 4:30-5pm is a deadly time. Best before 4pm or after 6:30pm (bus lanes allow cars after 7pm).

I hope you can time-shift, or you'll get fed up really fast going in and coming home every day on the N7 during rush hour.

darter

• Advertisement

Sorry I didn't say where I'm working :D

it's Sandyford - hope 30mins will be ok?

Currently I'm commuting from KIldare and it's a bit of nightmare...

Sorry I didn't say where I'm working :D

it's Sandyford - hope 30mins will be ok?

Currently I'm commuting from KIldare and it's a bit of nightmare...

I think you'll be fine. It doesn't start to thicken up badly on the N7 until after Leopardstown Road. M50's fine if you can go that way.

darter wrote: »
    I think you'll be fine. It doesn't start to thicken up badly on the N7 until after Leopardstown Road.

You mean N11/M11?

Thanks for your help

You mean N11/M11?

Whoops, yes, sorry, of course I do. Why was I thinking N7? Too much DART time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

I go to sandyford everyday and it usually takes 30-40 mins depending on traffic. If you were to leave at 7.30 you would easily make it in 30 mins, the later you leave the longer it takes. I usually go around 8 and get in for around 8.40. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Sorry for being so enigmatic:)

I have a family - wife and two small kids. Currently I don't really need the DART, I go to work by car. The place I'm looking at is a house in Redford.

Thanks

I also live in Redford park and it is a fine, peaceful place. I have no complaints anyway. Nice big green to walk the dog if you have one. Just watch out for the man with the terriers- they're vicious little demons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Luke Emia

I drive to Sandyford every day. After 7:30am its School Mom Rampage until the Golden 15 mins between 8:30 and 8:45 when you can make it so Sandyford in 25 minutes. Don't know why but it exists :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Luke Emia wrote: »
    I drive to Sandyford every day. After 7:30am its School Mom Rampage until the Golden 15 mins between 8:30 and 8:45 when you can make it so Sandyford in 25 minutes. Don't know why but it exists :)

I think there's also a 7.55am slot. Hit the N11 by then and it moves fine...

as for where to move to in Greystones....you can't go wrong with your choice...the problem is if you have a pain in the a*s neighbour...but that's pot luck and nobody can ever plan it....I suppose a detached would best suit that problem!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement