Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renting a studio appartment

Options
  • 23-10-2009 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭

Ok so its not the first thing on someones list of things to think about
    for a studio appartment (where there is no seperate bedroom and everything is more or less one big room)

But for those that have lived in a 1 bed studio appartment, whats it like sleeping in the same room as the fridge and any other noises in the kitchen!

I once stayed in a chalet for a week or so, and it was a little annoying, but how did you find it longer term? 6 months/year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

as I understand it a studio has a seperate bedroom. a bedsit is therefore what your referring to.

im open to correction though. Ive never stayed in one myself persay but have stayed on a friends couch a few times in an open plan living room / kitchen (your standard apartment setup) and never had any problem sleeping dur to other sounds.

its really going to depend on the individual though.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

I lived in a studio once and the fridge drove me mental (I'm a very light sleeper) and I've had friends with the same complaint. I cracked one night and just plugged teh damn fridge out so i could get some decent sleep...regretted that one the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

sickle wrote: »
    I lived in a studio once and the fridge drove me mental (I'm a very light sleeper) and I've had friends with the same complaint. I cracked one night and just plugged teh damn fridge out so i could get some decent sleep...regretted that one the next day.

lol your brightened up my day with that one :D I think your point re how light or heavy a sleeper you are is the key point here.

Im a heavy sleeper so id most likelly not have an issue if you were a light sleeper i can impagine a bedsit driving you crazy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I lived in one in town but they had put up a wall between the living area and kitchen so I could not hear the fridge.
    I dunno if I would have heard it over road noise anyway though:)
    The lack of a washing machine drove me mad though!!We also had a shared bathroom with the apt beside us.
    For a short time it was great,in the middle of the city,close to everything incl work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I lived in one for over a year, its grand. Id be a heavy sleeper so sound of stuff didnt bother me. I would say to that if you cook anything thats got a strong smell (or is greasy!) then you'll usually still smell it when going to bed!! lol!! but if that doesn't bother ya go for it!!!! Depends on the individual;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement