Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware the final BT bill...

• 23-10-2009 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

switched from BT to voda on sept 14th, first voda bill arrived the other that, no problems with that. 2 days later, final BT bill arrives with line rental up to dec! we were overcharged by 60 quid so i got onto them sharpish and got it sorted.

so any of you in the same situation, go over your bills with a fine tooth comb....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

did you get refunded or did they reduce a future DD , it is impossible to get a cheque off them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

Thanks. Just got my final bill from BT which was -€33. Will check it to make sure its correct and then ring them to see about a refund....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    did you get refunded or did they reduce a future DD , it is impossible to get a cheque off them :(
    we got it reduced as we owed them for some calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

When terminating a supplier who has a direct debit mandate on your bank account, you should always write to your bank and cancel the direct debit mandate - requesting that the bank acknowledge receipt of same in writing.

You can also instruct the bank to roll back a direct debit charged to your account by instructing the bank to return the item(s) advising that your account was fraudulently or mistakenly debited by the supplier.

It is better to be proactive in doing this, and settle any final balance due by making a manual payment. As Sponge Bob says it is difficult to get money back! Possession is nine tenths of the law...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

probe wrote: »
    When terminating a supplier who has a direct debit mandate on your bank account, you should always write to your bank and cancel the direct debit mandate - requesting that the bank acknowledge receipt of same in writing.

You can also instruct the bank to roll back a direct debit charged to your account by instructing the bank to return the item(s) advising that your account was fraudulently or mistakenly debited by the supplier.

It is better to be proactive in doing this, and settle any final balance due by making a manual payment. As Sponge Bob says it is difficult to get money back! Possession is nine tenths of the law...

already done, we get the bill before the DD comes out, so right after calling them i went to the bank to cancel the DD on our end. i'll then pay the final balance when i feel like it (ie payday) its not like they can cut me off now that i'm with vodafone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Switched BT - Imagine August 20th
    BT Billed for Sep Oct Nov

THey said they will refund Oct + Nov but not SEptember because it's in their T&C
    "SHOWER OF COWBOYS"

Advertisement