Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 Instal

• 23-10-2009 3:53pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've seen conflicting reports?

Does Windows 7 require a full reinstal? I've got 2 versions (W7 U & W7 HP) one for the desktop and one for the laptop. I did a dual boot on the laptop as there was nothing on it.

I dont want to dual boot on the desktop but have lots of stuff on it. Whats the best option?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

did the disks come with any documentation?

probably best to back up your documents and do a clean install if the disk lets you, at least that way you know you're starting fresh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Best option is to backup everything to an external disk or something and then do a clean install.

You can use the Microsoft Easy Transfer tool to backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭homer911

If you are upgrading from XP then the only option is a reinstall.

If you are upgrading from Vista, you have a choice of upgrade or reinstall, but the officially recommended method is reinstall. Personally I moved from Vista to W7 using the upgrade method and it went smoothly and I didn't lose anything (I did back up my users directory just in case)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

homer911 wrote: »
    If you are upgrading from XP then the only option is a reinstall.

If you are upgrading from Vista, you have a choice of upgrade or reinstall, but the officially recommended method is reinstall. Personally I moved from Vista to W7 using the upgrade method and it went smoothly and I didn't lose anything (I did back up my users directory just in case)

Yep homer, I believe you are correct !! OP you dont mention what OS you currently have. I had Vista HP and I did a fresh install to W7 HP x64 (two options Upgrade/ Custom) Custom is a fresh install. XP is a fresh install. Vista can be upgraded or fresh install.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭boffin54321

I heard a microsoft guy say theres a free upgrade for anyone who bought a pc/laptop within last 6 months that has vista on it. Anybody hear this too? How do u go about getting the free upgrade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I heard a microsoft guy say theres a free upgrade for anyone who bought a pc/laptop within last 6 months that has vista on it. Anybody hear this too? How do u go about getting the free upgrade?

Contact the laptop manufacturer, although mine are looking for €20 P&P :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Contact the laptop manufacturer, although mine are looking for €20 P&P :rolleyes:

Mine too.
    Administrative fees & shipping costs Price will be set according to your country € 20,99 (Inc. VAT)

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Advertisement