Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activate call barring code - Meteor

• 23-10-2009 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi, I'm trying to activate call barring on my Meteor Nokia 6300. Meteor say they don't have this code, that Nokia would provide it. Nokia tell me that Meteor should have one code for all handsets on their network. I know that Vodafone & O2 provide this code/password to customers, so not at all sure why Meteor won't.

I have alrady tried "0000" and "1234" as well as my usual PIN & my PIN2 code - none of which work.

If anyone knows of the password I would really appreicate their assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

you mean a text message you send to your phone for your handset to be blocked incase its robbed ?

what kind of call barring do you want to activate ? have you tried doing it through the menus on your phone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Student_2405

As I explained above, I'm trying to activate call barring, specifically outgoing calls.

This can be done through "Settings", "Security", "Call Barring"...but requires a call barring code, which is what I need to find.

did you try 00000 ?

oh i see now. its only 4 digits. interesting.

I have alrady tried "0000" and "1234" as well as my usual PIN & my PIN2 code - none of which work.

Yes, I have tried that.

Just wondering if anyone else might have any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rory B

default code is 0000. It should say call barring active however when using this option on your handset it is technically asking meteors hlr(home location register) to bar your outgoing calls. This doesnt work with meteor as their IN (intelligent network) software controls this function.

i dont think the IN handles barring atall (minsat doesnt have any options for it)
    call barring is done through the HLR...

err did you phone meteor and ask them to bar your outgoing calls ?
    they are able to do this.
    do do you specifically need to do it from your handset.

Tried Meteor customer care, twice in fact, and they are being of no help, saying that only the manufacturer (ie Nokia) can allow me to block calls - which of course makes absolutely no sense at all. :confused:

Perhaps I should try calling back & hope I get to speak to someone else...

do you want to block every outbound call you make ?
    or just to a specific number ?

just ask for your outgoing calls to be barred. they should know how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

If you're trying to bar all outgoing calls, no mobile network provides this type of service as it is a revenue loss for them. You could, however, activate fixed dialing, which only allows outgoing calls to numbers in your sim contacts. In your case, you could simply only have voicemail, customer care etc stored in your contacts, so all outgoing calls to numbers other than these are not allowed. The setup of fixed dialing requires the PIN2 of your sim and details on setup can be found in your handset's manual.

• Advertisement

i was just thinking that too rsa :)

Thanks for all your answers,

I will give that a try Rsaeire

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

samhail wrote: »
    i dont think the IN handles barring atall (minsat doesnt have any options for it)
    call barring is done through the HLR...

err did you phone meteor and ask them to bar your outgoing calls ?
    they are able to do this.
    do do you specifically need to do it from your handset.

barring outgoing calls is a negative im afraid. no network would do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Hi all,,, i was wondering if the fixed call enabled you to bar outgoing calls?

Thanks!!!

Advertisement