Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Successor to Nokia 6310/6310i?

Options
  • 23-10-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any modern successors to the old reliable Nokia 6310 brick? It was such a fantastic phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thats a tough one, the 6310 is still really popular and still sells at a high price. I know plenty of people who don't want to let them go, the only problem can be the battery starts failing, but just get a replacement and away you go.

Something like a E51 or a N95 would suit you, they are both well tested and are quite durable. One thing with the E51, it can get dust under the screen but can be cleaned. If you give some more info on what your looking for, you should get more help/suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

the successor was *supposed* to be the 6810 but that phone was never very popular.

there is a thriving refurb market out there for 6310's and rly nokia should have another production run, maybe shove a 3G chipset into it so it will run on the 3G network and be used as a faster modem but change nothing else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 taisteal

Many thanks for your inputs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Have a look at the E52/E55 too - stonking big battery on 'em

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

A 6310 to a N95 is big jump: plus they are end of life now. Realistically maybe something like a 6303 or 3120!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cyning wrote: »
    A 6310 to a N95 is big jump: plus they are end of life now. Realistically maybe something like a 6303 or 3120!

I was going for tried and tested since the op said reliable. Both above are so new its hard to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

the build quality of the N95 doesn't even come close to scratching the surface of that of the 6310.

the E51 is ok but there is always http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=141184

i don't think there is anything made by nokia these days thats nearly as tough as the 6310

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Fair enough the 6303 is new... the 3120 is out for well over a year and is reliable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

The official line from Nokia was always that the Nokia E50 was its successor, and the successor to that was the E51, and now the E52.

Due to the popularity of the 6310i here, and the number of refurbished handsets being sold, Nokia at one stage even placed ads in the business press trying to convince business users that they should forget refurb 6310is and get an E50.

Others moved on to the 6230i, and that is still a very popular phone, even though it too has been discontinued for some time now.

I got my hands on a very small number of brand new Nokia 6310i handsets quite recently and some brand new original Nokia high capacity batteries for them.

Still a great and much-loved phone and many people still swear by them.

Advertisement