Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pat Kenny Teacher bashing again

• 23-10-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Pat Kenny was trying to prove how well paid Irish Teachers are today. The nerve of the man. €900 000 versus €60 000( after many years ). Thats 15 teachers for one Pat Kenny. Is he worth 15 teachers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

He's not worth 150,000 teachers!!
    Only in Ireland could someone so crap at presenting be so successful!!
    Cheeky prick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Pat is a better presenter than most of my teachers were at teaching. Does this mean that anyone who has a higher wage than a teachers can't be critical about their pay and conditions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

mal1 wrote: »
    Pat is a better presenter than most of my teachers were at teaching. Does this mean that anyone who has a higher wage than a teachers can't be critical about their pay and conditions?

I think that the operative word here was "again". If it was the first time he was at it then teachers (and I am not one by the way) probably wouldnt have a problem with him highlighting what he perceives as issues with their pay/conditions etc. However he has brought it up many times - the amazing thing is that he is one of a very very very select group that are able to combine a mega salary with teachers holidays.

Also note, most teachers are not on €60k - more like €40-45k on average.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement