Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bailey's Irish Cheesecake recipe request

Options
  • 23-10-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is a repeat posting guys, but the search is down and i have manually tried to look.
    Can anyone please post a recipe? Id really appreciate it.

Cheers,
    looperman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

thanks hussey! :-( i did fancy having a bit of banter and chat with the person that would supply their baileys recipe with me :-(
    not to worry, i'll trawl google for an authentic irish baileys cheesecake recipe, hopefully there won't be too many american ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

thanks hussey! :-( i did fancy having a bit of banter and chat with the person that would supply their baileys recipe with me :-(
    not to worry, i'll trawl google for an authentic irish baileys cheesecake recipe, hopefully there won't be too many american ones.

Sorry I couldn't resist!

here is one from Nigella http://www.nigella.com/recipe/recipe_detail.aspx?rid=12307 i think you might find it on youtube too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

here is one with a Coffee jelly on the top

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5048/baileys-cheesecake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Collect ingredients for Bailey cheesecake:-
    150 g ginger nut biscuits
    100g butter
    150 g digestive biscuits
    15g gelatine
    100 ml baileys
    300ml cream
    450g cream cheese
    150g caster sugar

this is rough jist of recipe i have,no idea of where its from.
    handy tip is to take all ingredients out of fridge for few hours to allow it to get to room temperature.this will help prevent gelatine from going lumpy

Biscuit base:
    Whizz biscuits in food processor.Melt butter/marg and mix into biscuits.Press into base of cheesecake tin

Gelatine;
    Follow packet instructions for sponging gelatine which is normally to sprinkle the gelatine over small quantity of water.Leave sponge(absorbs the water) for 15 mins approximately.Then let it melt on low heat over saucepan water like you would melt chocolate.

Cheesy bit:
    1.Whisk baileys and cream together.
    2.Beat sugar, cream cheese together in seperate bowl.
    3.Fold the baileys cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
    4. Slowly drizzle gelatine mixture into the mix, while stirring mix constantly and pour mixture on top of biscuit base.
    5.Leave in fridge to set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

hussey wrote: »

That's fantastic:D

OP, sorry most of the 80s and early 90s are a blur to me. I don't remember Bailey's Cheesecake!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I got this from someone, haven't tried it yet! But sounds fab :)

NON-BAKED BAILEY'S CHEESECAKE
    For an 8-inch round cake:
    BASE:
    1 small pack Maltesers, crushed to bits with food processor
    About 12 digestive biscuits,crushed to crumbs with food processor
    50g butter,melted

FILLING:
    250g Philadelphia cream cheese,softened
    1 tsp vanilla
    25ml to 30ml Baileys
    200ml whipping cream
    1/2 cup caster sugar
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    1/4 cup boiling water
    1 and half tbsp gelatine powder

Swirl:
    1 tbsp butter
    50g dark chocolate

HOW:
    For base, mix crushed Maltesers, crumbs and butter together. Press and smooth evenly in an 8-inch springform pan. Place in a freezer while you get on with the filling.
    In boiling water, sprinkle gelatine evenly, leave to "bloom" for 2 minutes.
    Stir to dissolve.
    In microwave, melt butter and chocolate in 30 sec bursts... stir to combine.

In your mixer or using a whisk,whip cream till stiff peaks form, chill.
    In a mixer (no need to wash after whipping cream) or food processor, cream
    the cheese and sugar on high speed till smooth, beat in lemon juice and
    vanilla. Stir gelatine mixture (while resting,some gelatine will settle to the
    bottom...) and beat in to combine.
    Fold in whipped cream... remove tin from freezer.

Pour about 1/4 of batter into chocolate mixture, stir to mix....
    Mix in Baileys with white batter. Pour about half of white batter into tin, add half of chocolate batter, swirl to combine. Add other half of white batter, top with spoonfuls of remaining chocolate batter, swirling to marble patterns. Chill overnight.
    To serve, run a knife along the sides of the cake, unmould,and slice.

Thanks very much everyone! I actually contacted Baileys themselves, i wasn't sure if i'd get an answer from them, hence why i posted this question here. I will post the recipe i got from them.
    Thanks again.

Baileys Cheesecake

For the base:

4oz (110g) sweet oat biscuits
    1oz (25g) butter, melted
    2oz (50g) chopped toasted hazelnuts
    For the filling:
    9oz (250g) Mascarpone cream cheese
    7oz (200g) fromage frais (8% fat)
    3 1/2 oz (100g) dark continental chocolate (75% cocoa)
    2 large eggs
    2 tbsp (30ml) Baileys Irish Cream
    1 1/2 oz (40g) caster sugar
    2oz (50g) raisins (optional)
    4oz (110g) whole toasted hazelnuts (optional)
    For chocolate curls to decorate:
    3 1/2 oz (100g) dark continental chocolate (75% cocoa)

Method:

Make the base of the cheesecake by crushing the biscuits, not too finely, with a rolling pin. Add the chopped nuts and melted butter, then mix everything very thoroughly.
    Press mixture firmly into the base of a 7-inch (18cm) cake tin with 3 inch (7.5cm) high sides. Pre-bake for 20 minutes at 200C/400F/gas mark 6, then remove from the oven and allow to cool. Reduce the oven to 150C/300F/gas mark 2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water, taking care not to let the bowl touch the water. Do not overheat the chocolate, as it will separate. Spoon the mascarpone and fromage frais into a large bowl and whisk together until smooth with an electric beater. Add the eggs and sugar and whisk again before adding the melted chocolate and Baileys. Add the raisins and toasted hazelnuts if desired. Pour the mixture into the tin, smoothing it with the back of a spoon, and bake in the center of the oven for 1 1/4 hours. After that turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake inside until it is completely cold - this will prevent it from cracking. To make the chocolate curls and shaving to decorate, melt the chocolate as before and spread on a smooth flat surface, like the underside of a large plate, to form a 6 inch (15cm) circle. Chill in the fridge for 45 minutes. Using a cheese slicer or sharp knife, drag across the surface of the chocolate to form curls or shavings. To serve, sprinkle the surface of the cheesecake with chocolate curls or shavings, dust with a sprinkling of cocoa powder and serve in slices with crème fraiche or cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭tscul32

My recipe is almost identical to smallgardens one. I use all digestives instead of mixing with ginger nuts, but's that just so I don't have 2 open pack of biccies that 'just have to be finished'. And I mix a bit of tia maria in with the baileys, whatever proportions you like to make the 100ml.

thanks tscul. I was looking to do the recipe i got from Baileys and i couldnt get toasted hazlenuts or chopped hazlenuts in the local supermarket, can you get these in most supermarkets?
    Also fromage frais, can this be got? If not what could you use in its place?

Cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Use almonds instead of the hazelnuts, or just replace the nuts in the base altogether with more biscuit. Because it's just gone Hallow'een, you should be able to get whole hazelnuts in their shells.

Fromage Frais is available in most supermarkets. If not available, use Greek Yoghurt instead.

cheers Magic Monkey, i was able to get roasted chopped hazlenuts in tesco in nutgrove. I dont know if there is a difference between roasted and toasted however! :-)
    As regards Fromage Frais, i have checked a lot of supermarkets, Dunnes, Tescos, etc to no avail.
    Thanks for the tip of using the Greek Yoghurt instead. I was told there was a place on Camden St that stocks it, Listons or Lisdons. Also Fallon And Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You'll get Greek yoghurt in Tesco or Lidl too.
    Lidl one is great - comes in a 1 KG tub! Cheap as chips!
    Use anywhere you'd use crem frais, cream, yoghurt, ice cream, fromage frais etc etc. Love the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

cheers Magic Monkey, i was able to get roasted chopped hazlenuts in tesco in nutgrove. I dont know if there is a difference between roasted and toasted however! :-)

There's no difference between the two, but you could nit-pick and say roasted are done in the oven and toasted under the grill, but the objective is the same, to develop more flavour. You're probably better off roasting from plain in the future, as once roasted, nuts will go off quickly, due to the oxidation of the fats that come to the surface during the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭maryjane007

just wondered how long would a cheese cake keep for?

i dont eat cheese cake so i know nothing about them but thought they would keep for a week or so now i see there is fresh cream in them.

i want to make one for my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I'm sure you can freeze the cheesecake. It will last a while that way but you cant re freeze it.

Any pictures of the cakes lads? I was thinking about making one too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

My mum's made this a few times - and Malteaser cheesecake - it's yum! :)

Thanks for putting up recipes, might try it myself!

How about a baileys malteaser cheesecake? :D I'm gonna try that! Thanks for the idea Pikachucheeks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/baileysandchocolatec_72293.shtml

This one is fairly easy and tastes good too!
    Can do it without the chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

KittyKat wrote: »
    How about a baileys malteaser cheesecake? :D I'm gonna try that! Thanks for the idea Pikachucheeks. :)

When I ventured off the thread, that came in to my mind! I'd say it would be gorgeous!
    We won't discuss level of indulgence or calories though! ;)

• Advertisement

Hehe. Ah we need to treat ourselves every once in a while. :)

Advertisement