Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a solicitor for buying a house.

Options
  • 23-10-2009 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Am planning on finally getting around to buying a house. Need to find a solicitor. Can anybody recommend one from Dublin 15 or City centre, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can any family or friends recommend one to you, or even the bank might have a few suggestions for you or the EA from solicitors they have dealt with before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Davy wrote: »
    Can any family or friends recommend one to you, or even the bank might have a few suggestions for you or the EA from solicitors they have dealt with before.

I would not dream of getting anyone recommended by the EA. You need a solicitor who is 100% on your side. If the solicitor is a friend of the EA she may be reluctant to scupper the deal as the EA would lose his commission. I would also not be overly influenced by price. Some charge a low price but rush everything. Some solicitors are more careful, take more time and hence cost more. Some just charge a lot and do not do a better job. Reputation and recommendation are essential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I know this is unrelated, so I apologise, but I read the title as "Need a solicitor for a horse" and was like, WTF?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I know this is unrelated, so I apologise, but I read the title as "Need a solicitor for a horse" and was like, WTF?!

i wonder DO you need a solicitor to buy a horse? i mean its not like getting a cat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

i wonder DO you need a solicitor to buy a horse? i mean its not like getting a cat...

I'm sure the travellers dont need a solicitor to buy one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

I am just looking for everybodys advise, whether he be here or family or frieds. I asked the EBS when I was in with them last week and they told me I should go and look by myself, as they need to stay independent, but AIB did offer advice on it, but I would be unlikely to go for a solicitor that was recommended by any bank.

Advertisement