Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone having a pi**s at Custies down Cooke's Lane better be careful

• 23-10-2009 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Custies Shop has installed high voltage cabeling that will shock your Willy if you decide to have a pi*s up against the shop window. :eek:

Custies management were so pi**ed off with town reveilles urinating on their premises over the weekends that they have decided to take the law into their own hands.

How ever it wont stop someone pi&**ing into a beer glass or paper cup and trowing it at the window. :D

Perhaps he should think of moving premises and let this area remain as a public toilet as it has been for decades.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1023/1224257293859.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

A friend of mine is a farmer and he claims his dad loaned Deegan the equipment.

Surely erecting an electric fence in a public place has legal repercussions? What if some drunk complains he got shocked and tries to sue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

think matt cooper said it was going to be in the concrete,
    he got loads of texts saying on mythbusters pissing on elec fence doesnt hurt you !!

any volunteers !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

If only he would knock off that fiddle racket, I wouldn't pi$s up on his door! :D

Honestly, I go in to town anyday, walk up O'Connell street and am forced to listen to ceol coming from a speaker system on the street....

Who the fck gave him the right to force us to listen to that?

Haha.. just heard on twitter it was on the RTE news just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If only he would knock off that fiddle racket, I wouldn't pi$s up on his door! :D

Honestly, I go in to town anyday, walk up O'Connell street and am forced to listen to ceol coming from a speaker system on the street....

Who the fck gave him the right to force us to listen to that?
    Its nothing other than a publicity stunt, he's headlines in the gutters today, Sun, FFs, and Broadsheets, Examiner & Times. I believe he made an appearance on 6 / 1. He is looking for trouble, lads will be turding into paper cups and throwing it at his premises. :D

He is also opening himself to lawsuit, could you imagine some illiterate who couldn't read the warning disclaimer suing him for loss of productivity due to a high tension current running up his spout. :eek:

He is on dangerous grounds and has put his foot into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

.... and has put his foot into it.

Rather that than another extremity! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

Here it is from RTE in the highlights section. [EMAIL="[IMG]http://javascript:showPlayer('/news/2009/1023/1news_av.html?2635327,null,230')[/IMG])[/EMAIL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

It would be gas if someone got shocked and complained to the Gardaí and a court case ensued.
    "Yer' honour, I was havin a slash up again' a wall when I got a right shock in my langer!, it's an issue of public safety yer' honour"

It would definately set a precedent in the legal system.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Does it ever occur to you guys that it is actually disgusting to pi** on a shopfront or any house? Didn't you learn to use a toilet or did you grow up in houses where there is no such thing? Or is it even extremly manly to pi** or even shi* in open urban areas?

I know, a lot of questions. But since you are all capable to think of many ways why it is outrageous that someone denies you to pi** on their shopfront with drastic measures, you might well be capable to answer them.

Or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kolya

Think they were on Gerry Ryan about it too?

palaver wrote: »
    Does it ever occur to you guys that it is actually disgusting to pi** on a shop front or any house? Didn't you learn to use a toilet or did you grow up in houses where there is no such thing? Or is it even extremely manly to pi** or even shi* in open urban areas?
    I think we can all blame the Diamond bar. It has a very long corridor and when crowded those bursting for a pi*ss would find it easier to go across the road to Custies lane. :p

Bouncers and staff at Brogans would not be too happy with Diamond customers crossing the road and using their facilities.
    palaver wrote: »
    I know, a lot of questions. But since you are all capable to think of many ways why it is outrageous that someone denies you to pi** on their shop front with drastic measures, you might well be capable to answer them.

Or not?
    Lanes off main thoroughfare are renowned as urinals in almost any town and city in the country or world for that matter. I would put some responsibility on the shop owner for situating their premises on such a stupid location. Electrocuting those in need is only going to make things worse for him with possible revenge or legal repercussions.

Just as half the town pollute Cookes lane with urine Custies also pollute this lane with loud sh*it trash music day in and day out so I think both cancel each other out. :)

Right, was talking to my friend. Deegan is talking out of his arse about buying the equipment. It was loaned to him by a farmer. Every time he talks about it he paid more money for it. Now he's saying it cost €5,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

A friend of mine is a farmer and he claims his dad loaned Deegan the equipment.
    Surely erecting an electric fence in a public place has legal repercussions? What if some drunk complains he got shocked and tries to sue.
    Right, was talking to my friend. Deegan is talking out of his arse about buying the equipment. It was loaned to him by a farmer. Every time he talks about it he paid more money for it. Now he's saying it cost €5,000.

Who's Deegan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

John O'Connor of Custy's was quoted by the Press Association etc., as saying
    "a friend gave me an electric box with a cable coming from it and five wires."

O'Connor also mentioned that he had spent a few thousand Euro in respect of CCTV and a high powered light.

Gordon Deegan wrote the story.

Blitz might have had a few.

Sorry, got my wires crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Sorry, got my wires crossed.

That can be dangerous when dealing with electricity !

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Teadrinker wrote: »

Gordon Deegan wrote the story.

Blitz might have had a few.

Not surprised.

Twat....excuse of a journalist who tends to stray from to the facts. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

John O' Connor did not go ahead with the electric weiner roaster:eek:

Buy there was one person caught urinating outside his premises,
    CCTV caught the individual ,They have a full profile of him and
    the video is now in the hands of the gardai who intend to identify and
    prosecute the guy.
    i say fair play to him ...No one should have to put up with such filth
    outside their place of business.The amount of tourists that come to ennis just to visit his shop alone in very large.I can just imagine the impression
    they get of us as they strolll down the lane with the smell of urine and puke.Have some pride in your town and support the local traders.

• Advertisement

That can be dangerous when dealing with electricity !

Stop taking the piss. You're wrecking my buzz.

Fancy That wrote: »
    Not surprised.

Twat....excuse of a journalist who tends to stray from to the facts. :eek:

What are you on about?

John O' Connor did not go ahead with the electric weiner roaster:eek:

Buy there was one person caught urinating outside his premises,
    CCTV caught the individual ,They have a full profile of him and
    the video is now in the hands of the gardai who intend to identify and
    prosecute the guy.
    i say fair play to him ...No one should have to put up with such filth
    outside their place of business.The amount of tourists that come to ennis just to visit his shop alone in very large.I can just imagine the impression
    they get of us as they strolll down the lane with the smell of urine and puke.Have some pride in your town and support the local traders.
    Lesson learned. Wear a hoodie or baseball cap in future and get to know the coverage of the CCTV.

Would it not be more positive if Custies invested in one of these instead of breaking the law. :p

166734126_83204bf39d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

Why should custies have to provide toilet facilities for non customers
    that wish to urinate up against his storefront while he is closed for business. Maybe he should leave directions on how to wipe one's arse
    also, Seems to me a lot of people are not toilet trained, either that or
    they have no pride in themselves or their town.

Why should custies have to provide toilet facilities for non customers. that wish to urinate up against his storefront while he is closed for business. Maybe he should leave directions on how to wipe one's arse also, Seems to me a lot of people are not toilet trained, either that or they have no pride in themselves or their town.
    2.30 AM you are out on the streets, no pub or night club is hardly going to let you back in for a p*ss and at that the fast food joints are most likely to have their toilets "out of order" to avoid the post nightclub puke & mayhem. You may be lucky to find one at a rank if it is not engaged. :eek:

No one going to wait 10 minutes each time the superloo in Parnell St Carpark cleans itself after someone uses it. (If its still in operation) It is not very comfortable to hold a bladder full of p*ss after a night out and wait in line for a taxi. I think everyone on a night out will take out their flute for a pi*ss if they are bursting for it, the last thing on their mind would be their pride. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

heard o connor on the radio monday or was it tuesday and he told clare fm that on leagal advice it was decided he would turn off the electric device.......however i heard him on the wireless this morning saying it was turned on and the culprit got a shock:confused:

so was it on or was it off?? which is it?one of his broadcasts cant be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

2.30 AM you are out on the streets, no pub or night club is hardly going to let you back in for a p*ss and at that the fast food joints are most likely to have their toilets "out of order" to avoid the post nightclub puke & mayhem. You may be lucky to find one at a rank if it is not engaged. :eek:

No one going to wait 10 minutes each time the superloo in Parnell St Carpark cleans itself after someone uses it. (If its still in operation) It is not very comfortable to hold a bladder full of p*ss after a night out and wait in line for a taxi. I think everyone on a night out will take out their flute for a pi*ss if they are bursting for it, the last thing on their mind would be their pride. :p

Well you could piss before you leave the nightclub for a start. And if you are dying for a piss in the town, piss on a tree or something, not on a shop or house wall, door etc.

heard o connor on the radio monday or was it tuesday and he told clare fm that on leagal advice it was decided he would turn off the electric device.......however i heard him on the wireless this morning saying it was turned on and the culprit got a shock:confused:

so was it on or was it off?? which is it?one of his broadcasts cant be true.

You hadn't had the cup of coffee before you posted this, right?

I'm pretty sure the automated public toilet shuts off at 12pm.

As people say if you really, really need a pee there's usually somewhere a little more discreet to do it than ontop of someones shop front.

Vomit is unfortunate, but I guess it happens to the best of us. I used to work in Munster Group when it was behind Kings (now the Library) bar and I was on vomit duty every monday morning. It's an absolute bastard to get off when it dries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm pretty sure the automated public toilet shuts off at 12pm.

As people say if you really, really need a pee there's usually somewhere a little more discreet to do it than ontop of someones shop front.

Vomit is unfortunate, but I guess it happens to the best of us. I used to work in Munster Group when it was behind Kings (now the Library) bar and I was on vomit duty every monday morning. It's an absolute bastard to get off when it dries.

Ah come on, it was good of the people to make it into work, just cause they missed a bit of puke on their chins doesn't make them bad people, nice of you to help them out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

:rolleyes:
    Teadrinker wrote: »
    You hadn't had the cup of coffee before you posted this, right?
    yawn........and your point is:confused:

i guess you dont have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

If Custy's would pay me, I'd camp out in his shop and night and chuck buckets of water at the offenders. Actually, I'd pay Custy's for the fun of it. Great to see that one go to court if they tried to 'sue'.

Not odd to learn here that the people who take issue with ceol being broadcast onto the streets and making the town pleasant for tourists are the same people who think it their right to urinate on a shop front after clearly not knowing that they have had enough in the pub.

topper75 wrote: »
    If Custy's would pay me, I'd camp out in his shop and night and chuck buckets of water at the offenders. Actually, I'd pay Custy's for the fun of it. Great to see that one go to court if they tried to 'sue'.

Not odd to learn here that the people who take issue with ceol being broadcast onto the streets and making the town pleasant for tourists are the same people who think it their right to urinate on a shop front after clearly not knowing that they have had enough in the pub.
    Chuck a bucket of urine from the upstairs window would be more appropriate. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

All over the news and radio today. Really makes what is asthetically a lovely town sound really well ......pissy.

Councillor Paul O'Shea looking to hire 2 urine wardens.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Really doing a great job as an counciller isn't he

"the smell of urine in the town at the weekend is quite much", way to go promoting the town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Councillor Paul O'Shea sounds like an idiot. He was on Today FM this morning. The urine warden should call the guards when the offence occurs and then they come along and arrest the culprits. He was then asked why could the guards not just do extra patrols but he said they were over worked as it was!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Urine Officer "Excuse me sir but please stop urinating or I will call the guards"
    Drunk man "Go ahead you p!ssy f**ker"
    Urine Officer " Hello gardai there is a man urinating on the street"
    Gardai " we will be there in 10 mins"
    Drunkman * zips up fly and walks off
    Gardai *arrive 10mins later with no one to caution

And we wonder why we have no money in this country :rolleyes:

Stuff like this makes Father Ted look more and more like a documentry

Kradock wrote: »
    All over the news and radio today. Really makes what is asthetically a lovely town sound really well ......pissy.

Now that's taking the piss. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭fergusman

This story is really starting to annoy me.
    Someone pisses on your shopfront and youre annoyed hence tell the media to bring shame upon the pissers.
    But at this stage the amount of airwaves and column inches given over to this story is absurd especially when you consider the economic state of this country at a national level and the local issues and problems the people of Clare face.
    All this "campaign" has really accomplished is to make it sound like the town is a river of urine in the eyes of the national press. He has done far more harm than good to the town of Ennis and has made himself look like a complete media whore.
    I see now you have a local town councillor saying that the town should have a ****ing urine patrol at the weekends???? wtf????
    What about sorting out our water supply?
    What about the huge deficit the council are running up?
    what about the massive expenses bills every year for travel expenses for councillors to go to conventions and meetings in nice locations?
    Jesus i could be here all night naming things that our local politicians have made a balls of.....
    and yet they are more worried about someones piss
    Gombeens and Morons the lot of them

Oh and Paul O'Shea is a complete idiot.....is this the calibre of our local elected representatives?
    Go on a national radio station and basically slate your own town???
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......

facepalm.jpg

Rant Over :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

He said he was putting up the pics of the guys on the shop window, anyone know if he did?

omahaid wrote: »
    He said he was putting up the pics of the guys on the shop window, anyone know if he did?
    Dangerous and stupid move. The more Custies look for attention on the matter the more it will backfire. Someone should lodge a formal complaint about noise pollution in the lane, their choice of music is just like what one would hear in a public toilet. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭_Arctic_

Theres nothing put up outside the shop, only a sign. "Urinate at your own peril". They didnt actually go through with it.

I think I was talking to the person responsible. I've been sworn to secrecy but he's got a ponytail so maybe you can use that to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

Kradock wrote: »

imagine the shame of it when your asked "whats your occupation"?
    "i'm a urine warden" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

I think I was talking to the person responsible. I've been sworn to secrecy but he's got a ponytail so maybe you can use that to confirm.
    so it's on there new show "Penn & Teller: Piss" then?

I think that it would be a very good idea if Custies relocated to beside the Queens or in the Parnell St car park area because the floodng would flush out any future pi*ss from inside and around their shop :)

23uq7ah.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

then they would just piss in the water that would flow into the place!

He'd electrocute the whole feckin' river if he had to

Advertisement