Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panneling

Options
  • 23-10-2009 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Started panneling other day as a nixer. Using t&g boards as the panels have them on and skirting fixed to them as well. The problem I have is I didnt realise dado rails are so narrow at the bottom as I had it in my head to router the bottom of the dado rail and then offer it to the t&g boards in hindsight Id say the way people do it is just put the dado rail directly on top of the panels can't do it this way now because I havent kept the panels Exactly flush to my dado line as I was planing to rout them as I said. Would architrave work as the dado rail or is there dado rail I can get that would be thicker than t&g 10mm cant seem to find any thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Started panneling other day as a nixer. Using t&g boards as the panels have them on and skirting fixed to them as well. The problem I have is I didnt realise dado rails are so narrow at the bottom as I had it in my head to router the bottom of the dado rail and then offer it to the t&g boards in hindsight Id say the way people do it is just put the dado rail directly on top of the panels can't do it this way now because I havent kept the panels Exactly flush to my dado line as I was planing to rout them as I said. Would architrave work as the dado rail or is there dado rail I can get that would be thicker than t&g 10mm cant seem to find any thanks in advance for any replies.

I done something very similar myself. I routed a grove in the top of the skirting board and the underside of the dado rail. Worked out perfectly, looks very neat.

The dado rail was already there, so i removed it from the wall and routed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

in the builders providers you can buy slips of timber. inch and a half by half inch or quarter inch just get one thick enough to bring the dado out over the paneling and put your groove in that.

Advertisement