Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gibson firebird studio or les paul studio

Options
  • 23-10-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

looking at buying a used gibson firebird studio at the moment. have really liked this guitar for a while and to buy a gibson at 600 euro seems like my best chance ever to own one. also seen a few studio les pauls but for a bit more money . not sure what to go for. have wanted to own a gibson ever since picking up a guitar and want to make sure i pick the right one. (not wanting to spend over 750 that is!!!)any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Firebird studio would be nicer than the les paul studio I think! Much less common guitar. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

*ahem*

WINNAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nahguavkire

Get the firebird, more fun to be had, make it into the guitar you want with the right pickups and wiring and don't worry about the rest, everyone and their mother has a studio... the ony recomendation I'd make is to get an Explorer instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 slick123

thanks for the comments i was probably always going to get the firebird but just wanted to see others opinons.
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

I have never actually played a Gibson Firebird Studio, but I did play the re-issue epiphone one they had out about 2 years ago and I could not believe how good it was. LP studios are really hit and miss though, if you want one be prepared to try out a few before you get the right one. Failing that get an Edwards or a Tokai, satisfaction guarenteed

• Advertisement
Advertisement