Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online poker

Options
  • 23-10-2009 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

anyone know good sites for online poker??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Online is rigged

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

fiestaman wrote: »
    anyone know good sites for online poker??

If your starting off your better off starting on full tilt or pokerstars. You can start off by playing with play money for a while or micro stakes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Full Tilt or Pokerstars

Stay away from iPoker, as it must die.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

coolhandpoker has no sharks or professionals. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

zuroph wrote: »
    No hustlers either thank God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 JackieT

Op, I've tried a good few poker sites (on the ipoker, ongame and entraction networks), but I prefer pokerstars:

- software which just works, HEM has good support for it, and it's good for multitabling. Not too many bells and whistles though.
    - good support, I usually get a response within 30 min or so if i have a query
    - fast cashouts via local bank transfer (takes approx 3 days to my irish bank account)
    - reliability & reputation .. between having my money in pokerstars and in an irish bank, it's roughly a tie which one I feel safer with ;)

That said, their bonus program is confusing and difficult to take maximum advantage of, also other sites may be better from a rake/rakeback point of view. If you're just starting out, I don't think you can go wrong with pokerstars though.

If you're looking for information about a particular site, I'd advise you to search through the forums at http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/ first, as there is a certain amount of not-so-reputable sites out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

OP, here is a list of the biggest poker sites and networks.

http://www.pokerscout.com/

You're probably best to go with one of the top three...Full Tilt is good for recreational players because the graphics are good and there are plenty of games running.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

CHD wrote: »
    No hustlers either thank God.

heh, reminds me of something I've been meaning to post in the bbv.

OP, ensure you sign up for rakeback if you're going to be playing at all. There's no point in turning down money from the pokersite to reward you for playing there!

Plenty of options available, and there would be a few people on this forum who would know an awful lot more about it than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Is that set in stone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

When I looked up coolhandpoker after seeing all the TV ads I'd expected them to be on an indie network or Cake or something...bloody Micrograming!! lol, what a joke. Probably an even bigger RB-pro/regfest/sharkpool than iP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 RunningMan1981

I have been playing on IPoker for years and I feel I need a change. It used to be relatively easy for me to make money 3 years ago( and a beginner at that) ago but now its nearly impossible. How many other people feel the same way about Ipoker. I am seriously thinking of giving pokerstars a go. Are there many fish/bad players there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I have been playing on IPoker for years and I feel I need a change. It used to be relatively easy for me to make money 3 years ago( and a beginner at that) ago but now its nearly impossible. How many other people feel the same way about Ipoker. I am seriously thinking of giving pokerstars a go. Are there many fish/bad players there?

What have you done to improve your game over the last 3 years?
    If you have stagnated then moving to another site is not the answer.

A lot of very bad players have improved in leaps and bounds - three years ago the fishiest of the fish appeared not to even understand the handrankings whereas the mistakes players make nowadays are different.

Maybe a valid point, stagnation, I don't know. The previous posts about Ipoker got me thinking regarding the large pool of regulars etc. I have found a small window/timeframe to play now where it seems that recreational/poor players tend to come online. That would be the main improvement of "my game" so far. Otherwise playing outside those times reaps negligible rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 the dominator

pokerstars is best

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭hamhamwich

full tilt or pokerstars.

Just make sure you sign up for rakeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

hamhamwich wrote: »
    full tilt or pokerstars.

Just make sure you sign up for rakeback.

There's no rakeback on pokerstars..

Thanks. I will give fulltilt a try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Do you get rake back for all game types or just for cash games ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 JackieT

Dave147 wrote: »
    There's no rakeback on pokerstars..

Might still be a good idea to sign up through an affiliate though, as some of them offer freerolls etc

Advertisement