Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belfast INTL Airport - Dublin (Public Transport Options?)

• 23-10-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Flying into Belfast ITL at 10.30am on a Monday, wondering if there are any private or public buses going direct to Dublin? I need to be in Dublin by 1.50pm. The links I'm getting up, land me in Dublin at 2pm depending if I make the Aircoach in time, if not, I'll not land til 3pm.

Appreciate the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Raspberryhardon

Flying into Belfast ITL at 10.30am on a Monday, wondering if there are any private or public buses going direct to Dublin? I need to be in Dublin by 1.50pm. The links I'm getting up, land me in Dublin at 2pm depending if I make the Aircoach in time, if not, I'll not land til 3pm.

Appreciate the help.

You could get a bus from the airport into Belfast Central train Station. Then get a train down it takes exactly 2hours to get into connoly station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Then get a train down it takes exactly 2hours to get into connoly station.

Apart from the fact that the track collasped into the water about a month ago and most of the journey is by bus now

Devastator wrote: »
    Apart from the fact that the track collasped into the water about a month ago and most of the journey is by bus now

Gosh im sorry I didnt realiise that had happened. Sorry

But you can get a bus from the city hall to Dublin heres the link for the timetable just enter in the time you want to go at.

http://www.translink.co.uk/jp/jpclient.exe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Still doesn't get me in for before 2pm. The way I was thinking was bus from airport to city, then the Aircoach which will leave me at Dublin airport at 1.55pm, still would be a bit late though, was wondering if any private fleets leave direct from Belfast airport.

Still doesn't get me in for before 2pm. The way I was thinking was bus from airport to city, then the Aircoach which will leave me at Dublin airport at 1.55pm, still would be a bit late though, was wondering if any private fleets leave direct from Belfast airport.

There doesnt seem to be im afraid only to Belfast Lisburn and derry.
    http://www.belfastairport.com/en/content/2/34/by-bus---coach.html

You could phone translink and ask there advice the cutomer service is very good try this number

Translink bus & rail timetable enquiries are available through our Contact Centre.
    Opening hours: Monday – Friday 7am to 8pm, Saturday & Sunday 8am to 6pm.
    Tel: 44 (0)28 90 66 66 30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 peterdoherty

a private taxi to the europa bus depot costs approx £23-25 and may help you make an earlier bus connection if timinig is critical. hopefully at that time of the morning it should take 20-30 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Appreciate the help.

Without being deliberately unhelpful...you havent a mission. Assuming you have no bags to collect at the airport, in my experience both Aircoach and Ulsterbus timetables are "optimistic" in getting to Dublin, especially weekday daytime services. Trains are expected to resume across Malahide viaduct on 16th November which is your only hope, but emphasis and health warning on "expected to".

Yes I know this, my calculations say I have to make the 10.40pm bus going into town and then getting the 11.30am bus.

I just find this a bit of a nuisance that I've go to all the way into the city, which loses an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A non-stop citylink bus will take two and a half to three hours to get to Dublin. Fastest way that I can think of. These usually go straight down.

citylinkonlinesales.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just used the air-coach. Took 2 hours going up, 2.5 hours coming back down to Dublin.

http://www.aircoach.ie

• Advertisement

I drove in the end. Decided to fly from there instead.

Took me 2hrs 20 mins and that's with me taking the bloody M1 instead of going to Lisburn then getting the A1. Is this the right way to be going so I know for next time????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

get a bus from intl to europa bus station then get bus from there to bus aras should be there for half one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Devastator wrote: »

Just to say this is not true. You are only bussed from Dublin to Drogheda or vice versa. It only adds about 20 minutes on to the journey.

The bridge should be repaired by the end of the month anyway.

Advertisement