Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballsed up my soup - help!

Options
  • 23-10-2009 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

I was trying to make a WW point-free soup...........used 500g of mixed veg (the frozen stuff) and 500g of cauliflower (frozen again).............2 stock cubes, half an onion, covered in water, boiled and left to simmer for 15 mins..............all per instructions..then instruction was to blend with stick blender and season to taste.............all was ok till I got to the blend bit - the blender instructions said not to immerse in water, so I feiced out the water from the soup, and my soup now looks like baby puree!!! should I have kept the water???? and now what do I do to make my food look like something I can eat (and bring to work :eek:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Yes, you should've definitely kept the water!

If you have two more vegetable stock cubes, make them up with one and a quarte times the amount of boiling water recommended on the packet, add to your veg, stir and put back on the heat to simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Then remove from the heat, don't add anymore seasoning (the stock cube will be salty enough) and blend.

Have no idea how many WW points are in a stock cube but at least it'll save your soup!

Edited to add: when the instructions on the blender said not to immerse in water, it meant the shaft bit that you hold- can't dunk it into the sink when washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

I thought it would be like piddle if I kept the water!! such a bloody moron (me that is!) will give that a lash............thanks for your help

No worries.

It still won't be quite as nice as if you hadn't gotten rid of the water but it'll still be fairly good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

cjdun1 gives excellent advice. It won't taste quite as good, but don't worry about it. BTW stock cubes are points free, as far as I recall.
    Just bye-the-bye making it with fresh veg in the future will taste much better and actually works out cheaper. Promise!

it looks a bit more appetising now, I think I possibly used too much water day 1, so I'll try it again at the end of the week...............watch this space for more 'dig me out of a hole' advice

• Advertisement

Just bye-the-bye making it with fresh veg in the future will taste much better and actually works out cheaper. Promise!

Agree. Plus, with Aldi and Lidl doing their Super 6/fresh veg deals, it's getting very easy to just stock up on whatever's on offer and make soup from that.

thanks - think it's sorted, it tastes better than it looks thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

cjdun1 wrote: »
    it looks a bit more appetising now, I think I possibly used too much water day 1, so I'll try it again at the end of the week...............watch this space for more 'dig me out of a hole' advice

Remember it's easy to add water, not so easy to remove it!

Advertisement