Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Loyalty Cards

Options
  • 23-10-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

Just thought of this one today, so don't know if it's as good as I think it is :)

In a coffee shop, people are given loyalty cards, that entitles them to one free coffee for every 6 they get. So they essentially get 7 for the price of six. The tokens to stick on the loyalty cards are printed on every coffee cup.

A man visits the coffee shop every day, and only gets one cup of coffee each time, and as soon as he fills up a loyalty card he redeems it the next day.

If he starts a new loyalty card on Day 1, how many days is it until he's filled and redeemed two loyalty cards, and how many coffees has he paid for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

12 days to fill 2 loyalty cards and 12 cups of coffee paid for with 2 free, i'd imagine:confused:

Assuming the man has one cup of coffee a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

He only has one cup of coffee a day, but your answer is wrong :)

And when I say "how many days is it until he's filled and redeemed two loyalty cards" I mean including the days he used the loyalty cards. So your answer in those regards is 14 days, paid for 12, which isn't right :)

11 cups of coffee are paid for and it takes 13 days??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

Correct, because there's a token on the first free cup as well :)

At least I confused you for for 11 minutes anyway :o

I wasn't thinking at first, thought it looked like an easy one!!! u got me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Did you come up with this in McDonalds by any chance?

Advertisement