Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World's funniest joke

• 23-10-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Scientifically proven apparently :pac:

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed.

The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?".

The operator says "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."

There is a silence, then a shot is heard.

Back on the phone, the guy says "OK, now what?"

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

pretty bad imo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

1 star from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Meh.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

craaapppppp

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This one really depends on the delivery. I've seen it done to great effect.
    Unfortunately for the OP, it's been posted loads of times before. Think it was traced back to Spike Milligan from a radio show he did in the 1950s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Please be aware of the charter before you post replies - threads have a rating system that is there to be used - further breaches will earn more bans

Thank you

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

us irish ar never happy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

BioHazRd wrote: »
    Please be aware of the charter before you post replies - threads have a rating system that is there to be used - further breaches will earn more bans

Thank you

Bio

Hee hee, while I agree with the charter I was actually looking for responses because I've heard the joke a million times before and was surprised to see it described as the funniest. I'm not surprised by the responses at all :) Also, Spike Milligan reminds me of Tommy Cooper, moments of genius, interspersed with mediocrity but overall, the genius made the mediocrity worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I thought it was pretty funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭teddy_303

Lackluster, even by boards standards. (*). :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I remember hearing that for the first time a few years ago and it stood out in my mind as being genius...

As for the "best joke ever"... Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

ancient statistic by now anyway does anyone have the now 'official' scientifically proven funniest joke ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The absolute best jokes need to be told a certain way. It's all in the way
    the joke is told. I would say that the best teller of a joke that I have ever heard is Bernard Manning.

And, he had some great jokes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

This would be a better contender for the world's worst joke..

Advertisement