Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antenna Line of Sight

• 23-10-2009 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hello,
    I tried to get Digiweb metro broadband but when the technician came to install it, the line of sight was blocked by one house, just above our roof. If the receiver was placed 1-2 metres higher, on an extension pole it would probably be able to see it. My question is, can they do that? Or maybe place in on a neighbours roof? I've tried e-mailing them, with little help.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Well if the pole is strong enough and whatever the pole is onto (chimney) is strong enough then they might be able to raise it. I don't see any problem with putting it on a neighbours house as long as they have permission, but then they'd need to run cat5 cable from the neighbours house to yours or bring it wirelessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Huxoin wrote: »
    Hello,
    I tried to get Digiweb metro broadband but when the technician came to install it, the line of sight was blocked by one house, just above our roof. If the receiver was placed 1-2 metres higher, on an extension pole it would probably be able to see it. My question is, can they do that? Or maybe place in on a neighbours roof? I've tried e-mailing them, with little help.
    Thanks

In general they could go up to 20 ft, similar like the MMDS setup, but I haven't seen their installers doing it anywhere. Not all providers like using steelwork and poles.

/M

Advertisement