Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for jobs with no work experience! Help please!!

Options
  • 23-10-2009 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before but basically I need advice on applying for jobs. I have no work experience (except 1 week in 5th year, but would it count?) and like pretty much everybody at the moment I'm looking for a job, so I know its the worst time, but I've just started college and had to get a loan so I really need to get a job, especially as it doesn't look like I'll be getting my grant this century.

I'm really wondering what type of employers don't mind employing people who have no experience? I was thinking retail chains like tesco etc but I've had no luck with them. I've also tried for cleaning and waiting jobs etc. I've totally lost count of the amount of jobs I've applied for and had no luck with, one of the worst things is that they don't even reply, at least to say thank you for applying but no go or whtever! I know obviously I'm not alone in this and its pretty much the worst time to apply for jobs especially with no experience, but what can I do???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Mcdonalds or burger king? just keep eyes peeled .
    I had to work in a fast food outlet for a year its generally grand work , they can be incredibly strict on hygene keeping clean shaven constant cleaning but thats a good thing , will give ya good disicipline for jobs later on .And its reassuring knowing that if you eat there you know its safe.
    Its also the time of year big retailers will start looking for temporary employees so keep trying !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Mcdonalds or burger king? just keep eyes peeled .
    I had to work in a fast food outlet for a year its generally grand work , they can be incredibly strict on hygene keeping clean shaven constant cleaning but thats a good thing , will give ya good disicipline for jobs later on .And its reassuring knowing that if you eat there you know its safe.
    Its also the time of year big retailers will start looking for temporary employees so keep trying !!
    Im looking for work atm - I used to work at a mcds. They wouldnt even take me back! They had let go staff and werent hiring! Its a sad state of affairs when one cant get a job at mcds

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Outkast IRE: Thanks! Thats what I've been thinking with it being near Christmas so hopefully I'll get something. I've never tried McDonalds or them now I think of it:rolleyes: How do you go about applying to them? Would you just ask for an application form?

Max Power1: Damn. That absolutely sucks. I doubt I'll have any hope but its worth a try.

Advertisement