Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet insurance

Options
  • 23-10-2009 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

can anyone advise me on what pet insurance to get for my cavalier king charles. I have a friend who had pet insurance for her dog but when her dog had to have a visit to the vet recently including a course of antibiotics none of it was covered by the insurance. can anyone give me info on pet insurance that will cover him as much as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Most policies have an excess, so if the visit comes to less than the excess then you will have to pay that.

With Allianz (which i think is the best) the excess is €75, so you are liable for the first €75 for the visit. Routine things like vaccinations are not covered on insurance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Here is the link I have my girl insured with:
    http://www.allianz.ie/Pet-Insurance/

Usually if your dog has to go to the vet, the first €50 is covered by the owner and the insurance company pays the rest, however if your dog as any pre-exsisting conditions you must disclose this to the insurance company and they won't cover these, they also don't cover visits to the vet for preventative reasons ie. annually booster, dental work, spay / neutering. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

123.ie have very competitive prices and have different levels of insurance (gold, silver and bronze) so you can choose the one you want. Their excess is €79 as far as I can remember, and they don't cover preventative things (mentioned above). You can do it over the phone or online and they can arrange a monthly installment plan if you can't pay it all upfront. Worth a look!

Advertisement