Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocha beans

Options
  • 23-10-2009 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

I went into town this morning to get some coffee in the mocha beans near hmv only to find it gone. They roasted their own stuff and you could buy a bag of their beans. you could get them to grind it for you too.

I got to the door only to see the building was empty. Have they gone bust or are they moving somewhere else?

i miss their house blend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

This is the one just off Edward Square I'm guessing? Yeah they closed up last week I think, same experience as you...was in the day or two before and it seemed plenty busy so was pretty surprised and pretty depressed to find it shut :( There's a Mocha down near Milano's/Charcoal Grill, but I dunno if they do beans etc

Lamps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I can't believe they're gone. I'm always very surprised at how much custom cafes still have despite the recession. I hadn't noticed a sharp fall off in trade in any cafes I go to regularly at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

I think that most of the Mocha Beans around Galway now are franchised from the owner, which is probably the reason that it has closed (excessive rents, etc.) The one in Salthill, beside Cullinanes/Trends is still operated by the owner, but am not sure of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Apparently of all the retail businesses hit by the recession, the coffee business has been hit the worst. Anyone hear of all the Starbucks cafés closed down in the last two weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

lampsie wrote: »
    There's a Mocha down near Milano's/Charcoal Grill, but I dunno if they do beans etc

Yeah they sell the bags of beans too. Never seemed quite as fresh though.

Do they roast beans in the salthill mocha beans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

By the way McCambridges have a very nice selection of coffee beans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

having beans is pointless if you don't have your own grinder or somewhere to grind 'em

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

I know this is straying off topic a bit, but where can you buy hazlenut syrup that is used by all the coffee shops? I have tried eBay but most sellers are in the US and will not ship due to possible bottle breakage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i think i seen some of the syrups in mortons in salthill, though i could be imagining it as i haven't been there in ages

Advertisement