Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Kennels in Dublin

Options
  • 23-10-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations for dog boarding kennels in or near Dublin?

I was considering using Kilmessan Kennels in Co Meath but any other suggestions or reviews would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ANGEM

Hi Guinessfan
    Nethercross Boarding Kennels
    Jamestown Balheary Swords Co. Dublin
    • Tel: (01)8404193
    their at the back of Swords. We left our dog with them for two weeks and she was fine when we came home it was the first time we kenneled her because she was a rescue dog very nervy but she was well looked after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Wenden Kennells in Rathfarnham. I've been using them for the last 10 years and the dogs have always been well cared for there. In fact, when Jim comes to pick them up they drag him to the van and try to jump in with tails wagging :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Kilrott Kennels in Kilcullen. The guy who owns this boarding kennels also bred our pup and if he looks after his boarded dogs half as well as he reared our pup you won't go far wrong. Plus he only has about 10 kennels so each dog that he boards gets so much more one to one attention. I visited his kennels a few times over the time I was waiting to take my pup home and they were always clean and the dogs all seems calm and content :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Woofys in Straffan - near Barbarstown Castle. Just outside of Maynooth and quite easy to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 guinnessfan

Thanks for the replies!

I'll look into all of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mckibben23

I would not recommend Nethercross. We've used a number of kennels and we're picky. the best is in athboy in meath, he genuinely likes dogs, facilities are good and he walks them which no other kennel we've tried does. There another one in Newcastle co dublin (it's a stud farm up athgoe hill and right towards lyons estate). the people are nice but our dogs hate it! their reaction shows this very clearly so we dont use it anymore. There is also a place in Peamount, Newcastle and that's really good, they have a large secure field for the dogs to play in. The woman who runs it's is a bit eccentric in my view but very very kind to animals.

Nethercross are very inflexible about times (and they are on the high side in terms of cost). we were abroad, flight delayed by 2 hours, missed the "closing time". we have two small kids and there was no budging from them about calling at 6.30 for the dog. it was really awkward because we both work and between dropping kids of to creche and school and then getting to work, there is no time to collect the dog so they made an exception for me (barf) to call shortly after 8am to pick him up. Never again for Nethercross. we'll drive the extra distance to Peamount or Athboy in future.

Declan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

I will PM you my details!
    Thanks

Advertisement