Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far is celbridge from dublin city?

Options
  • 23-10-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi, i am going celbridge in 2 weeks for a course and from googling hotels and what not, there isn't alot of options for me. I was thinking of staying in dublin. Is it easy to get to celbridge early on a saturday morning? Is it far? Would it cost too much to get a taxi? Any info would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Holly_Golightly

Hi there,

I used to live in Celbridge myself, its not that far from the city centre really, Saturday morning, no traffic it would be about 30 minutes max in a car, taxi would probably cost you 30 - 35 euro, (celbridge is on the meter now) If I was you I'd just get the bus, would take about 40 minutes. 67, 67a leaves from Westmoreland street.

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 sour_apple

Thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Hi there,

I used to live in Celbridge myself, its not that far from the city centre really, Saturday morning, no traffic it would be about 30 minutes max in a car, taxi would probably cost you 30 - 35 euro, (celbridge is on the meter now) If I was you I'd just get the bus, would take about 40 minutes. 67, 67a leaves from Westmoreland street.

Hope that helps!
    2d the Bus alright but check out Arrow from Heuston too. Isn't there a FREE Shuttle Bus to meet Arrow Trains?
    Usedta live out that way myself til this year.
    Loved Mucky Duck!
    What's name of Hotel....slips my mind just now. Was at a Wedding there. Unreal so it was. In a very-good way.
    Lovely Village so it is. Pizzeria Di-Marios up opposite Garda Stn./Cop-Shop is awesome.
    24 Hr. Tesco too.
    OP, I've the number of a Local Cab Co. if you want it.
    A-Z Cabs (01)-627,3900/6273190.
    Call-A-Cab (01)-6270,0444/6270481.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Check the Springfield Hotel in Lexilip and the Spa Hotel in Lucan, both are doing special offers on room rates. Both are 5 mins away from Celbridge

Also, I think A-Z Cabs give a discount rate if you use them regularly, but train or bus is the best option

Really appreciate the help. I might need the cab yet, i don't know. How far is the Mill center from where the bus drops you off? Is it a walkable distance? If not i might need a taxi to get me there, which brings me to my next question. Where does the bus drop you off? Is there anywhere close by, i could organise a taxi to pick me up?

Sorry for all the questions, if i'm not prepared, il get lost!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Can't remember the Exact Route of the Bus but iirc it stops outside Centra & Mill is ondly a short-walk back.
    But then again, I'm nearly sure it stops on way-in or way-out of Dublin closer to Mill.
    Mill is in Celbridge itself & very close to T-junction.
    You can knock the Taxi or Hackney Idea on the head that's for sure.

Ah that's great, thanks again for all the info.

Advertisement