Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road works on the N52 outside Mullingar

Options
  • 23-10-2009 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

I was coming back from Delvin to Mullingar today and noticed a stretch of 1km of brand new road all ready to use. Is this going to be extended . It is taking out some of the extreme bends off that stretch but it needs to be connected to the new stretch to Delvin. Any replys much apreciated

Comments

Better off asking this in soc/infrastructure. I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

I live just down the road from it.

The whole project was left idle for months there. Right now it appears to be being connected up just at the Clonsheever/Rathconnell cul de sac. The other place it is being connected seems to be just as the road opens up heading towards the bypass and town.

It is a good idea to be honest to cut out the bad bends in front of the big wall that protects Rathconnell Castle. I lost two family members on that stretch of road, seperate accidents about 50 yards apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 frank81

Long overdue

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The entire N52 from Kells to Mullingar is in serious need to a complete realignment. They've done a little bit between Delvin and Mullingar but it's nowhere near enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭spoutwell

Anyone notice how the N52 changes when you get the far side of Kilbeggan - i.e. out of Westmeath?

• Advertisement
Advertisement