Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealer importing

Options
  • 23-10-2009 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Does anyone know a dealer, or is there a dealer looking at this who could handle the importation of a rifle for me?, seen as we as individuals can no longer do it for ourselves or do i have my wires crossed on the new legislation??

Any info helpful lads

Thanks
    Newby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The part banning personal imports has not been commenced. It is still possible, legally, to get an article 7 and import it yourself. I'm working on this at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

any idea when it may or may not be in effect

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

newby.204 wrote: »
    any idea when it may or may not be in effect

Sneaking suspicion says it'll never be commenced. I say roll on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

i really hope it doesnt, with no offence intended towards those of you who are nice people, i really dont want to be over a barrel for "handling fees"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

i really hope it doesnt, with no offence intended towards those of you who are nice people, i really dont want to be over a barrel for "handling fees"
    It's mooted to be commenced in January.

As for the handling fees, you'll see soon enough what the costs add up to when you go about importing yourself :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

Hey lads,

Does anyone know a dealer, or is there a dealer looking at this who could handle the importation of a rifle for me?, seen as we as individuals can no longer do it for ourselves or do i have my wires crossed on the new legislation??

Any info helpful lads

Thanks
    Newby
    What are you trying to import,is there no way it can be got here.

Advertisement