Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Week off...... what are your plans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

9 hours a day? What the fúck, is that a troll or something?

id say thats a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Yes there is. A weak student will "learn off information" slower than a strong student.

Being a good student != learning off stuff to rewrite when the exam comes around is what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Daragh101 wrote: »
    id say thats a joke!

Does not compute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Being a good student != learning off stuff to rewrite when the exam comes around is what I'm saying.

It depends on the subject really. It certainly doesn't make you intelligent but you could argue that in the context, it makes you a better student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

Where is the honest of effort Johnny?

You see that's the problem these days. Kids are spending to much time studying. They should be out on the streets playing football, kicking a ball around. Nowadays kids are too busy playing computer games or some other nonsense like studying. That is why this country does not have top-class footballers like we did back when Eamon and myself used to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

You see that's the problem these days. Kids are spending to much time studying. They should be out on the streets playing football, kicking a ball around. Nowadays kids are too busy playing computer games or some other nonsense like studying. That is why this country does not have top-class footballers like we did back when Eamon and myself used to play.
    But educating teenagers and children helps to produce doctors,nurses,dietitians ,engineers,journalists,producers,economists etc,these jobs are needed in the economy for different reasons like we need doctors and nurses in hospital for the injured or surgery's and dietitians for telling us abt our diet and how we can improve it.This all applies to the jobs mentioned.
    Also there is lots of students that take sports,for example hockey,badminton,basketball and football. Education or studying is not NONSENSE,Education is the best thing for a person to learn knowledge,actors and famous footballers are there for entertainment.

LOL you clearly don't know who johnny giles is

LOL you clearly don't know who johnny giles is
    what do you mean?

• Advertisement

ayumi wrote: »
    what do you mean?

epic fail!

epic fail!
    what?
    i don't understand anything of what ur saying

What I'm saying is we don't produce the footballer like we used to. Back when I was young in Dublin you would see young fellas out kicking a ball around. Nowadays they spend their time on computer games playing football instead of getting out doing the real thing. Some of the best footballers in the world have learned their skills off the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

But educating teenagers and children helps to produce doctors,nurses,dietitians ,engineers,journalists,producers,economists etc,these jobs are needed in the economy for different reasons like we need doctors and nurses in hospital for the injured or surgery's and dietitians for telling us abt our diet and how we can improve it.This all applies to the jobs mentioned.
    Also there is lots of students that take sports,for example hockey,badminton,basketball and football. Education or studying is not NONSENSE,Education is the best thing for a person to learn knowledge,actors and famous footballers are there for entertainment.

I really, really hope you were joking, or else that was just the biggest FAIL I've ever seen on boards.ie!

Reillyman wrote: »
    I really, really hope you were joking, or else that was just the biggest FAIL I've ever seen on boards.ie!

the post I posted isn't THE BIGGEST FAIL,you can go and say that but IM PROUD OF WHAT I WROTE AS I KNOW ITS RIGHT and its my opinion,maybe I have misunderstood the person.YOU COULD of explained it in a much better way

What I'm saying is we don't produce the footballer like we used to. Back when I was young in Dublin you would see young fellas out kicking a ball around. Nowadays they spend their time on computer games playing football instead of getting out doing the real thing. Some of the best footballers in the world have learned their skills off the streets.

thanx for explaining as I said on my previous post,I might of misunderstood wot the person wrote

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

All right, all right, untwist the knickers, everyone, please!

Ayumi, the original Johnny Giles was an Irish soccer player and manager, and is now a commentator with RTE for soccer. Hence a certain tongue in cheek element to the "In my day ..." posts.

Lads, I may be mistaken, but I have the idea in the back of my head that ayumi isn't originally from Ireland, so s/he may not necessarily "get" all Irish humour. That doesn't make a fail, any more than I don't necessarily get all Mayo humour ... too much of it seems to revolve around sheep for some reason!! :P

All right, all right, untwist the knickers, everyone, please!

Ayumi, the original Johnny Giles was an Irish soccer player and manager, and is now a commentator with RTE for soccer. Hence a certain tongue in cheek element to the "In my day ..." posts.

Lads, I may be mistaken, but I have the idea in the back of my head that ayumi isn't originally from Ireland, so s/he may not necessarily "get" all Irish humour. That doesn't make a fail, any more than I don't necessarily get all Mayo humour ... too much of it seems to revolve around sheep for some reason!! :P
    well ur correct in saying that I'm not originally from here,so I don't know any Irish humor.I didn't know what he was meaning with the word fail and epic? fail

well ur correct in saying that I'm not originally from here,so I don't know any Irish humor.I didn't know what he was meaning with the word fail and epic? fail
    He just meant that you had missed the joke, ayumi.

Don't mind him, Mayo people are odd at the best of times!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

9 hours a day? What the fúck, is that a troll or something?
    It's what my school said MUST be done, if you want 600 points. It's not that much really, considering you'd spend a minimum of 6 hours in school on a normal day and 3 hours in after school study:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

i dont know how ur expected to concentrate for that long.

theowen wrote: »
    It's what my school said MUST be done, if you want 600 points. It's not that much really, considering you'd spend a minimum of 6 hours in school on a normal day and 3 hours in after school study:rolleyes:

Jeez, Owen, it's supposed to be the mid-term break!

Getting a bit of study done is a good idea, but 9 hours a day is crazy, esp. this early in the year ... I can see people peaking too early and being wrecked by the time LC actually rolls around.

BALANCE in all things tends to work well ... :)

You've got to have balance, it's key. Sometimes the teacher will be putting too much pressure on you. All good teachers do that. It's the same with football. The guy who spends more time on the training ground will do better on the pitch. It's all about discipline.

He just meant that you had missed the joke, ayumi.

Don't mind him, Mayo people are odd at the best of times!! :D

aey...less of that:D

Sometimes the teacher will be putting too much pressure on you.
    Indeed, and sometimes the teacher is hoping that if they say 9, people might do 3!
    The guy who spends more time on the training ground will do better on the pitch. It's all about discipline.
    Indeed, but as I am sure you will agree Johnny, the guy who over-trains, and especially too early in the season, is likely to be past it by the time the big day rolls around! :)
    aey...less of that:D

Well, ye are! ... I reckon ye just absorb too much lanolin through the more ... sensitive ... areas of the skin! >_>

:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

I don't necessarily get all Mayo humour ... too much of it seems to revolve around sheep for some reason!! :P

Now, now Mayo humour is the best kind of humour around! And as for the sheep jokes they're limited to certain areas and certain people!!

sometimes humor isn't absorbed right if a person doesn't understand it.
    were going off topic.

got my maths hw done today 2hrs to do it.
    it was exam qs,6qs.
    tomorrow is economics studying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I went out all weekend and did absolutely no homework or study..
    so far my plan to work hard has gone out the window but i've a week left:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Yeah I've actually done nothing over the weekend, even though I was planning to start today(hangover ruined that plan big time). But now work has to start tomorrow and on that, are there any libraries in Dublin open all day?(for study purposes:o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

According to my parents I'm going to "fail my leaving cert" as I went out all day/night yesterday and didn't spend the first day of the mid-term at home studying! oh noes! =O

Advertisement