Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Week off...... what are your plans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

I was planning on doing my Irish essay today, but I spent about 3 hours just going through half a sheet cause I kept getting distracted. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

According to my parents I'm going to "fail my leaving cert" as I went out all day/night yesterday and didn't spend the first day of the mid-term at home studying! oh noes! =O

I got that too this morning, they tried to guilt me into studying :rolleyes:
    i just told them i needed a break, but that wasn't the best idea. They aren't the ones doing it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Did a small bit of geography yesterday.. then went out :) nothing since.. sure I have all week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

Epic study going to go down tommorow. going to do 5 subjects. economics, history, geog, business and prob french.

Geography-50 minutes exactly-hope to have core unit known completely
    History-just writing essays on irish history every day this week, prob take me an hour
    business-know the first 13 chapters off by heart-1 hour a day
    economics-1 hour
    french-45 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i have this feeling when watching the TV that is like a voice saying to me go study and do the load of hw u have.
    but i have done maths and tomw study elasticity and other economics chaps.
    planning to spend at least 7 hrs.

when do pple have their parent-teacher meeting?
    mines on the 4th nov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

November is very early for pt meetings, mine are in February just before the pre's start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

I had my parent/teacher meeting last week!

dont have them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

November is very early for pt meetings, mine are in February just before the pre's start
    Pre's, such a culchie word:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ChocoChips

Started studying on Sunday and I'm gonna do AT LEAST 4 hours (maybe 5) of study per day for the rest of the whole week. 5th year was like a blur to me, can hardly remember anything from last year so I'm gonna go over those stuff now and got some (ALOT OF!) Biology and English h/w to do too

Feeling stressed already but I kinda work better under pressure (anyone else like this? :o) so it's all cool :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I planned to study last year, but Daytime TV suddenly becomes the most interesting thing in the world to me...

Don't procrastinate kids, but don't plan 6 hours a day for your entire week off!

phasers wrote: »
    I planned to study last year, but Daytime TV suddenly becomes the most interesting thing in the world to me...

Don't procrastinate kids, but don't plan 6 hours a day for your entire week off!
    I watched every episode of the Gilmore Girls last year, twice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 asknownasboss

ChocoChips wrote: »
    5th year was like a blur to me, can hardly remember anything from last year
    Same here! lol
    Gonna b a crapy week.....2 irish essays, tests when i come back and i'll have to make a start on my DCG project.:mad::eek:
    ahh well.:rolleyes:

my epic study will be delayed for another day :D

my epic study will be delayed for another day :D
    Before ye know it it'll be Christmas:p

theowen wrote: »

I watched every episode of the Gilmore Girls last year, twice:)

I love the Gilmore Girls, pretty sure i've seen them all though : ( I used to get up all last summer at eleven to watch them and was raging when i missed it! lol

I did some work today and then looked at all the past papers from last year and realised i've a lot of work to do :o
    Also keep getting distracted by the tv and the computer.. which isn't good.

I love the Gilmore Girls, pretty sure i've seen them all though : ( I used to get up all last summer at eleven to watch them and was raging when i missed it! lol

I did some work today and then looked at all the past papers from last year and realised i've a lot of work to do :o
    Also keep getting distracted by the tv and the computer.. which isn't good.
    Rory rocks my world:rolleyes: There are no distractions in the library you know:P

Jess, Logan and Dean are good for me ;)
    The library is the best way to go but I can't promise that i'd stay awake and it's great having lots of things around to amuse myself when im bored.

But in June i'll probably be laughing at the amount of work i could have been doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Maths test on Ordinary P1, Q6 & 8 and line and circle questions monday and tuesday..so that! And Work Experience I don't wanna do..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

This mid-term thing is turning out better than expected, going-out-wise, so feck the study! (I'll be regretting this next Sunday night, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Well I have started 3subjects at this stage.. its like hell trying to go do it though. So many distractions! iPod, computer, Dónal Ógs brilliant autobiography..!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I did some chemistry and geography today. Ill probably head over to the gym and then come back and some more tonight. I kind of enjoy studying when your actually gaining momentum and gettin through at good bit of work.

I went to the library and it was so annoying. Why the hell would you put a PS3 in the libarary. It acts as a magnent for little shams who don't abide by the no talking rule:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

I went to the library and it was so annoying. Why the hell would you put a PS3 in the libarary. It acts as a magnent for little shams who don't abide by the no talking rule:eek:

do you not have a house to study in???

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

Daragh101 wrote: »
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

Ya I went to the library today too, I was amazed at the amount of noise that was being made by kids and the likes! When I was young once you went into the library everyone was like 'Shhh!'. Times are changing!

Didn't do any work at all today but i did have a great day :)
    I'll start tomorrow, ish.

Daragh101 wrote: »
    Funny guy:mad::p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Wait a second! Theres a PS3....in your library!?! But why????

• Advertisement

Conor108 wrote: »
    Wait a second! Theres a PS3....in your library!?! But why????
    Oh only in Ireland:rolleyes: The lads who come in have library cards and you just know that they've never read a book:P

Advertisement