Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forza 3 - Intro choppy, normal?

• 24-10-2009 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads! I got Forza 3 today. Brilliant sim, for me, without a shadow of a doubt, the most realistic driving simulator yet (I haven't tried iRacing though so maybe not :)). Anyway, main thing I wanted to get to is this, has anyone experienced any choppy issues at the start of the intro? Because for me, the intro would be a bit choppy at the start then play fine but when it gets to the bit of the charger at the drag strip, sometimes it would skip to the main screen without me pressing anything.

Weird thing is though is that when I reset the game, the second time round, it plays perfectly from start to finish and fades into the main screen as the charger gets off the line as I assume it should. So anyone have any ideas? Is my copy of Forza messed up? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Mine did the exact same when I first put it in. It was choppy for a second when the R8 was on screen but nothing after that. I turned it off and started it again and it didn't happen. I've turned it on three or four times since and it hasn't happened again so I guess it's not a big deal. I was worried for a second too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I realised actually that the problem is the reading of the disc during the start of it because you can hear it reading away and then when its finished loading, it reads fine.

I've decided to get a rental copy next week to see if its a problem with the disc or my X360 drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

my mate got disc errors on his one and had to return it. perhaps theres a bad batch going around ? I've had no issues at all with the intro, or any disc errors

When you say disc errors, do you mean it wouldn't read at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Have you tried installing the game to the HD?

• Advertisement

Yeah, it fixed it but still kind of worried about the disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Yeah, it fixed it but still kind of worried about the disc.

I had that when I got the game, installed disc 2, then disc 1, then it insisted I install Disc 2 again. Took 3 goes for it to read disc 2 that time after a cleaning.

I didn't have any trouble with disc 2. I did the same as you did but it didn't ask to install disc 2 again. Disc 2 seems fine, I'm worried about disc 1. I mean, it would freeze for a bit at the start when the R8 is showcased then play normally then just before the Challenger takes off for that bit at the end, it would skip to the press A screen.

I think its one of 3 things, either there is something wrong with the disc, Turn10 didn't code that bit of the game properly as in the intro should've actually been loaded up before it started or there is something wrong with the drive (which is doubtful as almost all other games play perfectly with the odd exception of Ninja Gaiden II where it would sometimes take a little longer to load)

I'll go get a lens cleaner tomorrow and see what happens then. I'm pretty sure I know why the intro would play normally after the first choppy time because it would've been put into the system cache but if you tried loading another game and then play it again, it would be choppy again.

I know it seems like a silly thing to be picky about but honestly, when paying for a game that costs as much as it did, it really should play perfectly. I'm just worried that a few months in playing, I get to a certain point in career where I'd get a disc error and all I can do is bang my head against the wall if I want to get it replaced.

On a separate note, what drives me up the wall the most is the lack of build quality of the 360 and its games. I have the original xbox and it hasn't failed me once. I think in the 6 years I've had it, I got a game freeze only twice and that could've partially been down to the fact that its modded. To think how much money MS are making, they could make the effort of using higher quality materials and hire better game testers.

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, mobile boards doesn't work too well.

Advertisement